Best noise making ideas! (6 Viewers)

We handed out whistles like candy, very well received by fellow who dats especially in my section. It was very effective, even couple eagles fans near us complimented the noise efforts with the whistles and said it was hands down the loudest environment they’ve experienced in a sporting event.

For those first timers with the hyper whistles how did they work out for you? Feel like mine has only gotten louder after 5 games of usage!:grin:

Pretty sweet man! That hyper whistle is something else! I handed out my whistles by the entrance at Champ Square about an hour and a half before the game started. People were loving it lol. I’m going this weekend too. I bought 24 last game, I increased to 90 this week! I’m all in lol. No regrets!!

For those first timers with the hyper whistles how did they work out for you? Feel like mine has only gotten louder after 5 games of usage!:grin:

Worked like a charm! On downs that I’d use it, I’d yell for a bit until enough people around me started yelling (and for the music to cut off in the Dome), then catch my breath and give ‘er a solid hit. Then if I’d run out of breath before the snap, I’d give it two quick hits trying to time right before the snap.

Since I sit close to the field though, I was trying to watch and make sure no league officials or NFL personnel was near me when I was about to put it in use. A few times I couldn’t because they had one guy wearing those blue NFL shorts standing right near the wall. Didn’t want to attract any unwanted attention. :9:

Definitely will be coming out to play again for the NFC Championship. :hihi:

The big-mouth miller lite bottle worked great. Bought the beer, got a few dollars or quarters, and good to go.

The beer sellers with the carts seemed to leave the caps sitting in a pile. Just grabbed one, screwed it on, and made lots of noise. I actually used one of them up and had to change out the bottle in the 4th quarter.

It is loud enough to make a difference without aggravating everybody around you.

I used a combination of a big-mouth Miller Lite bottle stuffed with loose change (with a cap from home that I sneaked in), plus that orange emergency whistle I posted earlier. The bottle was definitely loud -- but not too loud. I was able to shake it every defensive play without pissing people off too much. The whistle was extremely loud and I only blew it on the most important 3rd downs, and even then, only for short spurts. I sit immediately adjacent to the Section 610/611 the tunnel, and at times there were two State Troopers standing in the tunnel while I blew the whistle -- they didn't care, but I was still worried about blowing out my family members' ear drums.

For this weekend, I plan to bring earplugs for my whole family -- that way I can ramp up the whistle blowing without feeling too guilty.

I used a combination of a big-mouth Miller Lite bottle stuffed with loose change (with a cap from home that I sneaked in), plus that orange emergency whistle I posted earlier. The bottle was definitely loud -- but not too loud. I was able to shake it every defensive play without pissing people off too much. The whistle was extremely loud and I only blew it on the most important 3rd downs, and even then, only for short spurts. I sit immediately adjacent to the Section 610/611 the tunnel, and at times there were two State Troopers standing in the tunnel while I blew the whistle -- they didn't care, but I was still worried about blowing out my family members' ear drums.

For this weekend, I plan to bring earplugs for my whole family -- that way I can ramp up the whistle blowing without feeling too guilty.

Haha I should’ve mentioned I always bring a pack of ear plugs for anyone in front of me just in case and give them a friendly heads up that this is the loudest section in the dome :9:. Unfortunately the seats in front of me are never the same people, I haven't had any quarrels since I’ve been using the hyper whistle the past 5 games. Even with opposing fans, they are typically in awe of how loud it is down in the 100 sections... the 4th quarter was deafening.

Also I just use the 25 oz cans and rotate the can tab, its effective enough.

Pretty sweet man! That hyper whistle is something else! I handed out my whistles by the entrance at Champ Square about an hour and a half before the game started. People were loving it lol. I’m going this weekend too. I bought 24 last game, I increased to 90 this week! I’m all in lol. No regrets!!

My friend was handing out these last game, they were better quality than what I bought and are just $4 per dozen. I just bought 5 dozen for Sunday :0056:

Amazon product ASIN B0000BYRNH

It was so loud my loose change + water bottle was essentially useless. It does give the throat a break though. I was able to talk Monday morning.

Tops are not left on bottles in any NFL stadium (or NBA or MLB arena) due to multiple throwing incidents including but certainly not limited to the Saints and the Turley incident. There are well-document others. This is stadium security 101. That's not to say a new employee won't let one slip out sometimes.

I'm all for innovative and/or humorous noise ideas, but the whistles are a bad idea and you might get a talking-to by security or ushers. Not to mention its just bad sportsmanship once they line up for the snap.

Tops are not left on bottles in any NFL stadium (or NBA or MLB arena) due to multiple throwing incidents including but certainly not limited to the Saints and the Turley incident. There are well-document others. This is stadium security 101. That's not to say a new employee won't let one slip out sometimes.

I'm all for innovative and/or humorous noise ideas, but the whistles are a bad idea and you might get a talking-to by security or ushers. Not to mention its just bad sportsmanship once they line up for the snap.

Disagree on the bad sportsmanship, when you’re in the middle of a roaring crowd blowing the whistle is not nearly as distinguishable as you’re thinking, it blends in and is just very efficient. Now if you’re prancing around security guards on the isle and using it when the crowd is not loud then it would be obvious (see video in this thread of troll in this using it during a punt at a Seattle game). Myself and multiple friends have been using whistles consistently all season now, it’s not as blatant as some hyped it up to be because when we’re on defense the dome is already so loud. We’re just trying to make it the loudest

WAH-WAHHHHH

The caps are removed from ALL bottled products, to prevent fans from launching the bottles filled with liquids to the field and hurting someone. It stems from the Kyle Turley game when the Saints were playing the Jets on a Sunday night game and Turley ripped a Jet’s player’s helmet off and threw it about 20 yards. The fans went ballistic on the holding call that was made and the subsequent helmet toss, by throwing half-filled bottles of liquid on to the field. It was insane. Some bottles did not make the field from tbe upper levels and were landing/hitting fellow Saints fans in the Plaza level. I was there; saw it, but was fortunate not to have been hit. It was pretty darn scary though, sitting in the Plaza and constantly looking up. Not pleasant.

Can't you just take some Mardi Gras beads that you wear. Pull them apart and put each bead in the bottle. Plug up the mouth with a wad of napkins/tp or plastic wrap and shake it like a rattle ?????

Just bring your own bottle cap - I like to have one anyways so my drink in dome doesn’t spill

Disagree on the bad sportsmanship, when you’re in the middle of a roaring crowd blowing the whistle is not nearly as distinguishable as you’re thinking, it blends in and is just very efficient. Now if you’re prancing around security guards on the isle and using it when the crowd is not loud then it would be obvious (see video in this thread of troll in this using it during a punt at a Seattle game). Myself and multiple friends have been using whistles consistently all season now, it’s not as blatant as some hyped it up to be because when we’re on defense the dome is already so loud. We’re just trying to make it the loudest
If its common where you sit, then I stand corrected because I've not heard whistles. I know whistles are specifically listed as noise-making devices that are not allowed NFL stadiums but I'm sure security has higher priorities than plastic whistles. As with everything, a little common sense and it's probably fine. Same for plastic bottles with caps.

If some drunk blows one at the wrong time and costs the Saints a penalty, it may get more attention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom