Best Thing You Ever Ate (TOP 3) (1 Viewer)

It was from a chef here in Florida -- he was cajun and most of the time his specials were some type of New Orleans dish -- it was wonderful --
Hebert's in Maurice has the best Turducken I have ever had. They even ship it all over the country.

Chargrilled Oysters- Drago's in NOLA
Rare Roastbeef Sandwich- Elizabeth's in Nola
3rd.. My wife's Country Cooking.. - Little touch of soul food with southern twange

crab gnochi with truffles at August

:plus-un2:

And the Ribeye Coulette with bone marrow sauce, sweet corn, and wild mushrooms was spot on too.

August-CouletteAndShortRibs-20.jpg

1) Ribeye at the Metropolitan Grill in Seattle

2) Balti Prawn at Eastern Eye on Brick Lane, London

3) Red velvet cake from Avialossitti's Bakery (Mr. Wedding Cake) on Elysian Fields in NOLA

Not to thread jack, but has anyone been to MiLa? We're going this weekend but I don't know what I should get yet. Any recommendations?

Not to thread jack, but has anyone been to MiLa? We're going this weekend but I don't know what I should get yet. Any recommendations?

I've been several times. It's always been good. They do fish dishes really well. Their menu changes frequently with what's available, but I would order anything that sounds good.

Recently went to Mr B's and had their NIMAN RANCH PORK BELLY as an apetizer and the braised beef shortribs for entree.

After eating the Pork Belly I could swear it was the best thing I had ever eaten. It was deliciuos.

I also had this over at Del Porto in Covington and it too was dynamite so I'm coming to the conclusion that anytime you see Pork Belly on a menu, order it.

Filet Mignon at DaddyJack's in Fort Worth (Sundance Square). Literally melts on your tongue like butter!

oh, and as far as truckfood is concerned, I had a blackened redfish taco from Lola the other day that I would eat for dessert.

The Porterhouse at Mr. John's steakhouse on St Charles Ave.

The whole meal at Jacques Imo's. Think I ate veal, but the whole meal was just amazing.

Dragos oysters.

I look forward to getting hungry as I read your replies.

rob..hey ..good to hear from you bro. hey..not much for going out to eat..bride will semi force me on our anniversary every year..been alot of years :)

anyway..to please my pallet..i will go with my three..bbq baby back pork ribs..heavy on the sauce and smoked..no fires..i'll take mashed potatos..also..love corn bread.

if i could slide a 4th in..if allowed..desert would be mississippi mud pie..or key lime..doesnt much matter..

take care rob..

Had this Filet Mignon with lump crab meat and some kind of butter sauce on top of it at a place called Saltgrass Steakhouse. Best steak I've ever had.

My maw maw makes the best chicken spaghetti ever. **** is amazing. Of course damn near everything she cooks is amazing.

Oh and I think its called Louisianne at Louisiana Lagniappe. Not sure its one of the 3 best things I've eaten, but its damn good.

Anyone ever been to Couchon? Thoughts? That's my next place to try next time I'm visiting my parents.

1)Delmonico's, New York City:

App - Tuna, Proscuitto, and Melon.

It's a perfect appetizer. There are few things more delectable than Proscuitto and Honeydew together; I love it with Parmesan or Mozzarella but Melon and salty pork are perfection. When you add rare tuna to them, it's just out of this world.

Entree - Delmonico's Steak (1.5-2 lb prime boneless ribeye)

The first restaurant in America and the originator of the ribeye cut. You can keep your filets, strips, and sirloins. For me, the ribeye is the ideal cut with its higher fat content.

Dessert - Baked Alaska

Ice cream, sponge cake, and meringue bake until the meringue is browned.

2) Bistro Lepic, Washington, DC

Entree - Les joues de veau braisées et pâtes au basilic / Braised veal cheeks (osso-bucco style), served with fresh pasta and basil

I love veal. What made this dish though was the combination of amazing veal on top of the best cream sauce I have ever had. Individually each was delicious but together you could not eat them with your eyes open it was that good. Like a gentleman, I gave half my plate to my GF and ate her mediocre salmon dish.

3) Some corner shop in Amsterdam.

Lebanese Gyros - Ate there every day for three days straight. All the gyros I had before were Greek style. I like them but the Lebanese had a chili sauce and house made-pickles. It was heaven when I was floating on a cloud.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom