Biggest Beat Down that You have Witnessed during the Payton Era (2 Viewers)

I enjoyed this because of the beat down they gave us. But the Pats game is high on my list. Watching Brady's frustration on the sideline was priceless. Cowboys as well with out fullback becoming a scoring machine lol.
didn't brady also get benched early in the 4th since was obvious they were not going to win? also brees had a perfect game and it was monday night.

can't believe no mention of the 09 and 11 Giants games. which, 1 was it where Giants weren't allowed and offensive snap on our side the 50 until like the last play?

didn't brady also get benched early in the 4th since was obvious they were not going to win? also brees had a perfect game and it was monday night.

From what I recall. Because he was standing on the sideline flipping the Saints players off.

The 62-7 Colts blowout by far. The biggest beatdown was the 47-10 win over the Bills. To run the football like they did that day was just jaw-dropping.

Though not in the Payton era.......many don't remember Jimmy Johnson's and Troy Aikman's first game in 1989.........28-0 Saints. Held the Cowboys to 20 yards rushing and time of possession was 44 minutes for the Saints that day.

Crazy to say but Andrus Peat probably had the best performance of the year out of any O Lineman in that Bill's Game.

It was just Pancake after Pancake for him that game.

That's the Andrus Peat that we need again this year.

That's the game that put him on the map, and is why he is always considered for pro bowls.

It was one of the most dominant performances I have ever seen from an O Lineman

Funny, the OL I remember from that game was Armstead, he completely destroyed whatever was in front of him. The most shown highlight was him pancaking the LB on Drew's TD run....

Easily the “suck for luck” Colts.

One game that stood out to me the most and OP mentioned it was that Bills game a few years back. We have never, under Payton, run the ball more dominantly than we did that game. We straight up man-handled them and for a team thats always had the stigma of finesse and soft, it was such a great feeling to see us put the beat down on the Bills. What is even more impressive is that the Bills were 5-3 and 4-0 at home coming into that game. We didn't just beat a bottom dweller, we stomped a playoff team built on solid defense and run game, on the road.

That was the first game that came to mind when I read the question. It felt so dominant because we've almost never beat a team in that fashion. The 15 or so play drive that was all runs is something you see from the Bears, not the Saints. Beautiful.

This was the first game that came to mind for me. Like you said SP has been able to embarrass so many defenses through the air but in that Bills game he ran it down their throat and they COULD NOT stop it. The Bills tried everything but they just couldn't stop them. Never seen anything like it in the SP era.

Brees completed 18 passes for 184 yards. He didn't throw a TD. We still won 47-10. Just look at these rushing numbers:

Ingram - 21 carries, 131 yards, 3 TDs, 6.2 ypc

Kamara - 12 carries, 106 yards, 1 TD, 8.8 ypc

Trey Edmunds - 9 carries, 48 yards, 1 TD, 5.3 ypc

The time of possession was comical. The Saints controlled the ball 41:23 to the Bills' 18:37.

can't believe no mention of the 09 and 11 Giants games. which, 1 was it where Giants weren't allowed and offensive snap on our side the 50 until like the last play?
Surprisingly that was Payton’s first year back in 2006. The Giants only ran one play past the 50 yard line all game

Funny, the OL I remember from that game was Armstead, he completely destroyed whatever was in front of him. The most shown highlight was him pancaking the LB on Drew's TD run....

I mean they all played a wonderful game. I guess i.have just come to expect elite play from Armstead.

The difference I'm that game was def the Guard play. That's why inside runs were averaging 10+ yards a pop. It was ridiculous

The Bills game was epic display of our team imposing it's will on the Bills

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom