N/S Biggest choke artists of all-time (#1 on page 8) (1 Viewer)

I wonder if the Garapollo overthrow in the SB will make it. Could be argued that it cost SF the championship.

I wonder if the Garapollo overthrow in the SB will make it. Could be argued that it cost SF the championship.

Spoiler alert...he’s not. Inside the top 3 you are really looking at some of the bigger moments in NFL history. I think that many NFL fans wouldn’t even remember the Garapollo overthrow.

Tony Romo’s botched snap, Cowboys vs Seahawks, 2007 NFC Wild Card

This is sort of the zenith of Romo's chokeworthy career. Enormous modern moment that displayed yet another example of Romo coming up short. The truth is that I don't think that this moment makes it if it is most other starting QBs in the league. It had to have proper precedent to work. Romo sitting on his butt with his hands on his knees is one of the most iconic pictures in NFL history.

Tony Romo’s botched snap, Cowboys vs Seahawks, 2007 NFC Wild Card

This is sort of the zenith of Romo's chokeworthy career. Enormous modern moment that displayed yet another example of Romo coming up short. The truth is that I don't think that this moment makes it if it is most other starting QBs in the league. It had to have proper precedent to work. Romo sitting on his butt with his hands on his knees is one of the most iconic pictures in NFL history.
[/QUOTE

I edited my response. I had forgotten that the FG was for the win.

The crazy thing about that play is the that he picked up the bobble and almost ran it in for a TD. Literally just a couple feet away.

He scores that TD and that play would be widely considered one of the greatest of all time but he didn’t make it and it’s one of the greatest chokes of all time.

That’s the difference between the penthouse and the outhouse in the NFL —couple feet, sometimes inches.

Last edited:
The crazy thing about that play is the that FG attempt was to send it to OT and he picked up the bobble and almost ran it in for a TD. Literally just a couple feet away.

He scores that TD and that play would be widely considered one of the greatest of all time but he didn’t make it and it’s one of the greatest chokes of all time.

That’s the difference between the penthouse and the outhouse in the NFL —couple feet, sometimes inches.

Very similar to Dyson's near TD reception. Truly a game of inches.

Very similar to Dyson's near TD reception. Truly a game of inches.
Yeah, it was close.
I’d actually remembered it incorrectly. Apparently the FG would have won it for them. But still the almost TD was insane.

Yeah, it was close.
I’d actually remembered it incorrectly. Apparently the FG would have won it for them. But still the almost TD was insane.

The tackler came from behind. If the kicker had just stood in the way, I believe Romo scores a Td on that play.

Worth an Honorable Mention in a choke thread.

In 1979, the Saints still had not managed to put up a winning season . . . ever.

On Monday Night Football, they entered the 4th quarter, leading the Raiders 35 to 21 with a chance at their first winning season . . . and then . . .

"They just don't know how to win." Howard Cosell

1573162185612.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom