Bleacher Report Story Predicts that the Saints Will fire DA and Hire Brian Flores (1 Viewer)

No argument from me. Im not going to pretend to know anything about anything, but i would appreciate not being completely embarrassed in my own stadium.. so i dont really care whos here at this point. "Just keep doing what you're doing" guy is not looking like the answer though.

Find the coach who is maximizing his position/offense/defensive talent. I don’t know how Brian Flores is doing with the LBers in Pittsburgh, but there must be some good candidates who are exceeding expectations based on the talent they have. Detroit Lions offense comes to mind (I don’t even know who the OC there is).

I like Brian Flores for how he stood up to the league but I also don’t want him here for the same reason. The league is not fearful of appearing unjust when it comes to punishing teams who are vocal about crooked officiating. I’m tired of the target being on our back.

Flores would be a good choice. He’s not the offensive guru I think alot of people would like but I think we’d win. He’s not going to be Sean Payton or Andy Reid….More like a Belicheck, Tomlin, or Carroll. Not sexy but you can win a championship.

I would take Brian Flores in a heartbeat, but it wouldn't matter without a franchise quarterback.

I would trade Payton to the Broncos for their 1st round pick 2023, second round pick in 2024 and Jerry Jeudy(3 more years on his rookie contract).

I see the Dolphins this year vs last year. Not sold on Flores. The Saints need an offensive guru to come in.

The Saints play indoors and should have coach that can utilize that fast track. The Superdome venue is much more favorable for offensive coach to gain success vs a defensive one

Interesting that nothing about Dallas hasn’t been said in a while..

Dallas is one of the top NFC seeds so giving up 1sts for Payton doesn’t make sense for them unless McCarthy falls apart. This will likely be a competition between LA Chargers and Denver for Payton. I can see Indianapolis and Las Vegas making a darkhorse push, which can be used as compensation leverage for us. Even better if Dallas joins in and set the bar at two 1sts minimum.
Don't be fooled. With Dallas its Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy. If he doesn't get it done this season he is out. Jones LOVES Payton but the Dallas regular season record is keeping the status quo, for now. Jones won't want to lose out on the Payton sweepstakes so its shaping up more and more like we should make out well in the area of compensation. The more teams vying for his services the higher the offers. IMO

Don't be fooled. With Dallas its Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy. If he doesn't get it done this season he is out. Jones LOVES Payton but the Dallas regular season record is keeping the status quo, for now. Jones won't want to lose out on the Payton sweepstakes so its shaping up more and more like we should make out well in the area of compensation. The more teams vying for his services the higher the offers. IMO
Sean's not going to Dallas, Jerry gets in the middle of things. I think it's the chargers

Flores is a no-nonsense guy, and I think he would be much better than DA, but I don't see Loomis hiring a guy who is in the process of suing the league.

Sean's not going to Dallas, Jerry gets in the middle of things. I think it's the chargers
It's not like Payton doesn't know Jerry. Also, Payton's mentor Parcells coached Dallas. While I agree that there are some "challenges" with Jones, Payton is a big enough fish that he could demand certain things if he needed them. I think there is a mutual attraction. Now if Dallas doesn't move on from McCarthy, then yeah no way. But, again I think Jones has been saying in so many words that McCarthy has to win now.

The Chargers also seem like a good fit. So, who know but the more interest the better for us. Just my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom