Bleacher Report Story Predicts that the Saints Will fire DA and Hire Brian Flores (1 Viewer)

Do people want Brian Flores because they think he’s a good coach or because he’s taking on the league? He was ok in Miami but I would hardly call his time there a success. Anyway, if you want to win a championship then you hire an OC who currently calls plays. The top ones are as follows:
1. Shane Waldron
2. Ken Dorsey
3. Shane Steichen
4. Ben Johnson
5. Kellen Moore

Do people want Brian Flores because they think he’s a good coach or because he’s taking on the league? He was ok in Miami but I would hardly call his time there a success. Anyway, if you want to win a championship then you hire an OC who currently calls plays. The top ones are as follows:
1. Shane Waldron
2. Ken Dorsey
3. Shane Steichen
4. Ben Johnson
5. Kellen Moore
Brian Flores is a good HC prospect because he's a master motivator...a leader....that sheet trickles down to both sides of the ball. You can get an OC to do what you're looking for. I don't want a HC that's hyper focused on one side of the ball and ignorant of the other side.

Eh... I would not want Flores at all. He disliked Tua's game so much that it caused issues with the front office and team as a whole. Tua has been one of the better QB's this year, 15TD to 3Int and 69.9% comp. rate. You can say all you want about having Tyreek Hill but he's still making good decisions over all. He could not squeeze that talent out of Tua as the new guy has thus far in 10 games this season.

Miami goes and gets an offensive minded dude and look at his development in just 1 season. The trend of the league is younger offensive minded coaches.

For a long time under Payton, the D was a lot harder than the O to fix.
Defense was eventually fixed. Under Mora, Ditka and Haslett, the offense was never really fixed. Yes, QB has a lot to do with it but, coaches like Shannahan, Andy Reid and Sean Payton can manufacture points without an elite QB.

Last edited:
Brian Flores is a good HC prospect because he's a master motivator...a leader....that sheet trickles down to both sides of the ball. You can get an OC to do what you're looking for. I don't want a HC that's hyper focused on one side of the ball and ignorant of the other side.
He had a massive fall out with the GM and Tua last year so I’m not sure that’s the case. Also, as soon as you find a good OC they’re likely gone within 2 years, that’s less likely to happen with a DC. Offense wins in this league which is why the majority of Super Bowl winning head coaches run the offense.

Flores just hasn’t done anything to suggest he’s that good and I can’t work out the love for him on here, apart from the fact he’s suing the league.

Eh... I would not want Flores at all. He disliked Tua's game so much that it caused issues with the front office and team as a whole. Tua has been one of the better QB's this year, 15TD to 3Int and 69.9% comp. rate. You can say all you want about having Tyreek Hill but he's still making good decisions over all. He could not squeeze that talent out of Tua as the new guy has thus far in 10 games this season.

Miami goes and gets an offensive minded dude and look at his development in just 1 season. The trend of the league is younger offensive minded coaches.
Gotta envy Dolphins fans. We don't know what it's like to have a coach tailor his offensive system to a QB. Payton did, but Allen is doggedly determined to have any QB who plays run the 40yo Brees offense.

Master motivator of what? You can't not talk to your staff for half a season can be called a Master motivator. Miami is a better organization and team without him.

Master motivator of what? You can't not talk to your staff for half a season can be called a Master motivator. Miami is a better organization and team without him.
I find that story about the coaches hard to believe...beacuse they were 1-7 when they were talking but 8-0 when he was ignoring them?

Anyway, his players felt differently about him regardless of what was put out there by the org:

Is that the same guy that screamed racism & raised all kinds of hell in Miami? If it is,no thanks!!

Kkk GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER
KO Hartz (@Cadaverific0) / Twitter

I find that story about the coaches hard to believe...beacuse they were 1-7 when they were talking but 8-0 when he was ignoring them?

Anyway, his players felt differently about him regardless of what was put out there by the org:

Tua is glad he's gone.

Any players leave the Dolphins b/c they were so loyal to Flores?

He goes through several coaching change scenarios - including Panthers, Cardinals, Texans, Colts - but yeah, nothing more to make of it than anybody else doing that.
Everyone else passed on Flores. That must say something. Those asking for Marone. Pass. Dennis Allen and PC time to move on.

No one knew some coach named Sean Payton 17 years ago. That turned out alright. Let's expand our horizons and find that next great coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom