Brady Retires (Again) (1 Viewer)

Pretty odd going into new a season after coming off one of the worst top to bottom divisions in NFL history - and there is no 'best qb in the division'. The division has somehow gotten worse. Last year you at least had that with Senior Citizen Brady. You dont feel comfortable calling any of the rest the best. Just a bunch of bottom tier, non difference makers behind center. None of the South teams are currently in draft position to grab Young, Stroud or Levis without moving up in the 1st. What a mess this division is.

This is how bad it is. I do NOT think Taysom Hill is a full time starter. His role is joker. Being all over the field. Short yardage, etc. But the QB play is so poor in this division without Brady, that Id feel just as comfortable trying to eek out a win with Taysom behind center than anyone else. And he isnt a QB.

The problem I see with the NFC South is, every team is going to think they can win the division (and Id say its a complete toss up at this point), while none of them will be actual contenders beyond that. All 4 should be in some form of a rebuild - a recipe for a bad division, for an extended period of time.

When Joe Montana used to beat our Saints every year, I hated the guy. After many years I realized how good he was and gave him his due as one of the best ever. Brady is the Ironman of QBs and probably will have records never broken even if they go to 20 games a season. Give the man his due, he is the best at his position that the NFL has ever had. And before I'm accused of being a Brady fan boy, I've hated the guy as a player since the Raiders game fumble not fumble!
It helps that the majority of his career was in the other conference.
He even left the NFCS with a losing record against the Saints.
Saying that, I can see why the other AFCE teams are so jaded after spending two decades with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom