Brees sees 2013 as NEW ERA for saints (Moss gets mentioned) (1 Viewer)

OP
ELLIASJWILLIAMS

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man Moss is never happy where he goes, lol. Guy is playing in the Superbowl, he should be thrilled.
Hes got tht fire to be a major contributor...i bet he feels like a guy that was injured most of the season

Im happy to b here but i dont feel like i had a big part in tht...but as long as we are winng im fine with it

Id sign him....weve had worse personalities on the team

staphory

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Moss wouldn't ever be happy with the Saints because of the way the ball is spread around. Sooner or later he would complain about not getting enough touches.

El Caliente

Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Brees sees 2013 as a new era for the Saints | ProFootballTalk

Looks like next season the team will play with the chip on their shoulder we expected them to have this season
:worthy:
Pardon me for saying this but, I will believe the whole "we're going to play with fire in our bellies" bit when I see it. Like you said, if they were serious, they would have done so this past season when they kept getting knocked down but they didn't. I will just have to see it to believe it.

Reaction score
Which is why he is complaining lol.
Hmm, I didn't really view that comment as complaining. No self respecting player isn't gonna want to be involved as much as possible. Moss wants to prove he can still be a big time reciever, and although he was much younger, the last time he felt that way he had one of the best years for a WR all time. I'm not saying he could put up those type of numbers ever again, but SF used him as more of a decoy than anything.

jimrip

Bring the Wood!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pardon me for saying this but, I will believe the whole "we're going to play with fire in our bellies" bit when I see it. Like you said, if they were men, they would have done so this past season when they kept getting knocked down but they didn't. I will just have to see it to believe it.
According to Jabari Greer, there was not one player in the locker room who didn't give it their all last year.. he said he was "blessed" to be part of that locker room.

Did they do a lot of stuff wrong? Maybe. However, motivation and dedication were never an issue.

bornnraisedwhodat

Reaction score
Hmm, I didn't really view that comment as complaining. No self respecting player isn't gonna want to be involved as much as possible. Moss wants to prove he can still be a big time reciever, and although he was much younger, the last time he felt that way he had one of the best years for a WR all time. I'm not saying he could put up those type of numbers ever again, but SF used him as more of a decoy than anything.
Yeah, im just poking. Everything I've read is he has been a hell off a teammate and leader for that team. Of course he wants the ball more, but watching him, he seems unable to beat press and is not as quick of his breaks as he used to be. He still commands attention though.

IMO, he has nothing to prove though. He is one of the if not the greatest deep threat of all time.

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pardon me for saying this but, I will believe the whole "we're going to play with fire in our bellies" bit when I see it. Like you said, if they were men, they would have done so this past season when they kept getting knocked down but they didn't. I will just have to see it to believe it.
The only thing that kept me sane all season was the effort I saw from the players. Who can forget Jenkins running down Jackson?

El Caliente

Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Yeah, who can't forget the amazing play by our def. this year. Or the multiple pick games by Brees. Or abandoning working run games to throw the ball more.

I hope we see better play next year, and I am confident we will as Sean will put a boot up peoples butts if they don't play up to his standard.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
He worked out here before signing with San Fran, he is not interested in signing here if he has other options, and if he gets a ring in San Fran the only thing left he would be shooting for would be stat padding.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He worked out here before signing with San Fran, he is not interested in signing here if he has other options, and if he gets a ring in San Fran the only thing left he would be shooting for would be stat padding.
And there's that paycheck thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Air Stats Over 10 Yards Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 50
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0
Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 115
Darren B Jeff Duncan book - Payton and Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Marty_Graw Brees purchases Condo on Canal St Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 74
Drew Brees buys luxury Canal Street condo, celebrity news site reports Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Brees last 4 games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 87
Dan in Lafayette Brees gratified by Sanders' rising role in Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Krodwhodat Drew Brees and the Oline Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
BREENO Drew Brees has been throwing passes at receivers feet all year long. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Drew Brees improves to 4-0 against the Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Michael Thomas suspension: “We’re going to be all good” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees’ Saints somehow get win over Herbert’s Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees addresses Michael Thomas suspension: 'We're going to be all good' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees leads 17-point rally as Saints win 'wild one' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees "feel crazy" after New Orleans Saints punish Los Angeles Chargers 30-27 Week 5 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs. Chargers score: Drew Brees rallies New Orleans to overtime win over Justin Herbert and Los Angeles SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Herbert should now have beaten Brees, Brady and Mahomes Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
What if Drew Brees has a change of heart and wants to return for 2021? Do we risk losing Jameis like we did with Teddy or do we honor Drew's wish Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 99
After facing Tom Brady, Chargers rookie Justin Herbert takes on Drew Brees, Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: Drew Brees looks to stay perfect against Chargers team that drafted him in 2001 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 5 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Color Rush jersey XL Trading Post 1
Week 4 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No one can match Monday night milestones of Saints' Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Zach Baun sees action.... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
12 years in, Saints' Malcolm Jenkins still sees each new week as a chance to play faster Saints RSS News Feeds 0