Brees throwing INT's (1 Viewer)

Seve

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Brees has already thrown 18 picks this year which ties his all time high for a season with 3 games to play. :no: So far the Superbowl Champs have overcome these turnovers to still win games. Also the give/take away turnover ratio this year is like -5. Recently the D has gotten healthier and have started to create turnovers again like they did last year. Is anyone else concerned about this? If Drew does this against the top defenses than the Saints will have a tough time to finish strong and in the playoffs. With all that said, if/when Drew is on his game the Saints are virtually unbeatable. The only thing that can beat the Saints is themselves as they have done in their 3 losses this year.

Like Drew said, "Im not worried about it..........but Im worried about it"

He'll fix it. He knows this is crunch time and there will be little room for error going down the stretch. He went like 6 or 7 games without an INT before his first one this season. So its not like he is an interception machine. And I would say a couple of them have been at the end of the half and inconsequential. But yes, he needs to fix it.

At LEAST 2 of the ones he has thrown have been the equivalent of a punt. It was 3rd and long and the defender was tackled immediately. So, those two are no big deal to me, they just hurt his stats.

I would say about another 6-7 were tipped... he gets the blame, but it is really the receivers fault for not bringing it in.

So, lets be conservative and say 10 picks that were his fault, not bad IMHO.

(Don't even get me started on the fluke off the back of someones foot up into the arms of a lucky *** defender... that one still makes my stomach turn.)

Those Int's in the Arizona game were terrible.

Did Drew not throw any interceptions last year once in the playoffs ?

after last years cowboys game brees didnt throw another pick til week 3 of this year vs atl where he threw 2.

Brees has already thrown 18 picks this year which ties his all time high for a season with 3 games to play. :no: So far the Superbowl Champs have overcome these turnovers to still win games. Also the give/take away turnover ratio this year is like -5. Recently the D has gotten healthier and have started to create turnovers again like they did last year. Is anyone else concerned about this? If Drew does this against the top defenses than the Saints will have a tough time to finish strong and in the playoffs. With all that said, if/when Drew is on his game the Saints are virtually unbeatable. The only thing that can beat the Saints is themselves as they have done in their 3 losses this year.

pizzainn.jpg

The day before the Cleveland game my one of my sons had to back out of going to the game. My sister in law who is more an LSU fan than Saints fan was at home and asked if she could go. As I said before, she is more an LSU fan than Saints fan and hasn't been to a game in over ten years. After Drew threw his third pick in the fourth she stood up, booed, and said "take him out", just like they do in Baton Rouge. The people in the row in front of us turned around and just looked at her like she was crazy. My wife told her she can do whatever she wants to do at LSU games but you don't boo Drew Brees. The folks in front just laughed. She sat in her seat the rest of the game and said nothing. Like a little girl who had just been scolded.

It could be worse, look at Peyton Manning this season...

He'd probably be way up in the MVP discussion if it weren't for the INT's.

I fear that this is what will be our downfall in the playoffs. I am NOT saying this is going to happen but if if we lose it will be because of a brees int(s).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom