Brees throwing INT's (1 Viewer)

Just went and re-watched all the INTS this season. recorded them for these kind of threads that have been popping up lately (forgot 1 INT vs STL)

I count 3 drops that result in INT and 1 miscommunication
<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNKDzS5pXuQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

i think drew is the prime exapmle of the team's struggle against bad teams
i think he and the team get out of sync b/c the game is not going at the pace they want b/c the other team is hard to read/predict (b/c they're bad)
so he rushes throws out of frustration or receivers make weird reads

i think GW has the same problem with newbie QBs

Just went and re-watched all the INTS this season. recorded them for these kind of threads that have been popping up lately
<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNKDzS5pXuQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

I chose to not look at that. :grin:

as long as they win i can stomach a pick or 2...although it dosnt look good on the stat sheet

I honestly thought that Brees would be over the INT bug by now... but he isn't.

I have complete faith in him. And I'm in no position to judge here. But my problem is with the costly INTs (and turnovers in general). Like we saw vs. Cleveland and Arizona and Atlanta (really, all of our losses).

That said, I will be the first to say that Drew doesn't need to change his game. He makes some great throws that most QBs are told not to attempt. Passes into double coverage and tight windows. This is what Drew does. Not in the careless "Brett Favre" sling it sort of way. But in the "I am Drew Brees and I'm going to attack your defense" sort of way.

My theory is this: Brees' protection early in the season was pretty bad. The OL was struggling. It has since improved, but there are still times in games where Drew seems to hurry his throws. This affects his placement and range on some of the deep shots and routes in the numbers. The INT when he was throwing to Colston on the corner route. Some of the deep passes down the middle of the field off of play action (or at times, flea flickers).

If we have last year's defense, I think we lose more games with our poor turnover ratio. There have been too many costly INTs (redzone INTs, for example). I want to see Drew clean that up. Especially with the playoff race being this tight.

But at the end of the day, I (along anyone in their right mind) am going to choose to win loser or draw with Drew Brees no matter what. He may throw another 6 INTs in these last 3 games. But he's also going to make the plays we need to win.

Yea... I would prefer that he cleaned it up, but I can definitely live with what we have :).

Some have been poor decisions, some have been flat out unlucky, but ultimately yes he needs to stop throwing them.

I don't understand the 2nd Interception of the Rams game, he led the Safety right to the ball... Drew Brees never does that..

but yeah him and Payton are going to keep being aggressive, and if Defenders make great plays on the football then so be it.. those 2 will go down swinging.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom