Brees 'willing to consider' restructuring (2 Viewers)

Interesting. I seem to recall an article that said his "window" to restructure ended 3 days after the Super Bowl because some portion of the contract became guaranteed under the contract then. Maybe the article was incorrect or there is something else he can do.

That Proctor & Gamble check must have hit his account.

200px-MattLesko-cropped.jpg

Maybe Brees is getting some help from this guy. :D

Brees willing to 'take his money' now.

He called J.G. Wentworth.

Eight seven seven cash now!!!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cN9OKXtzHtE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If we restructured him he would not getting any more cash in his pocket now. We would be extending his years and upping the guaranteed money. Still a win – win for brees

He would most likely get a bonus included in the extension and the cap hit would be stretched across the length of the contract. He would be getting more cash in his pocket now.

Where are all the Brees haters(That were posting on the Brady thread) at now? I hope this means we can pay Graham now.

Insurance......I mean offensive lineman aren't free.

He would most likely get a bonus included in the extension and the cap hit would be stretched across the length of the contract. He would be getting more cash in his pocket now.

We already did that in his original contract and that is why is it back-loaded the way it is, just like Brady's the extra years are to help distribute some of that money and eventually get more guaranteed in the long run.

We already did that in his original contract and that is why is it back-loaded the way it is, just like Brady's the extra years are to help distribute some of that money and eventually get more guaranteed in the long run.

Brady got a $30mill bonus with his extension. Brees would also get a big bonus for restructuring his deal essentially giving him more cash immediately...just like Brady. It's just moving money around. That's all.

Brady didn't do this out of the goodness of his heart. He is getting paid more right away and reducing his annual cap hit. Brees wouldn't restructure his contract for nothing. We'd have to move money out of his salary per year, and give it to him in a signing bonus. It is just spreading out the cap hit making it more cap friendly and allowing the player to get more money up front.

Brady got a $30mill bonus with his extension. Brees would also get a big bonus for restructuring his deal essentially giving him more cash immediately...just like Brady. It's just moving money around. That's all.

I thought John Clayton came out and said that Brady's restructure really means nothing to him because he is simply getting more guaranteed money in the long run? Haven't heard about him getting 30 million right now.

I thought John Clayton came out and said that Brady's restructure really means nothing to him because he is simply getting more guaranteed money in the long run? Haven't heard about him getting 30 million right now.

Tom Brady on New England Patriots pact -- 'I really do just want to win' - ESPN Boston

"Brady received a $30 million signing bonus with the deal that extends the quarterback through the 2017 season and clears up $15 million of cap space for the team over the next two seasons. He is guaranteed $57 million, even in the event of injury"

Brady didn't do this out of the goodness of his heart. He is getting paid more right away and reducing his annual cap hit. Brees wouldn't restructure his contract for nothing. We'd have to move money out of his salary per year, and give it to him in a signing bonus. It is just spreading out the cap hit making it more cap friendly and allowing the player to get more money up front.

Brady or Brees wouldnt do it for nothing or out of the goodness of their heart, no. They are doing it because they are gaining their guaranteed money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom