Brock Bowers not falling to us at 14 determined by a coin flip (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

We were that close to potentially seeing the first trade back since 2006. Raiders will do Raider things I guess.
Does this make you dislike the Raiders brain trust or the way their idiot owner supposedly conduct’s important team-related business decisions. Like he’s flying by the seat of his pants almost.

I’m not trying to be snarky, obnoxious or a troll, I’m genuinely curious as to why they would manage the odds of deciding to take a 2-time All-American, John Mackey Award-winning TE, an extremely talented player many scouts, observers, commentators are saying might be the best college TE entering the NFL since Jeremy Shockey over 22 years ago.

We may have been entertaining an offer but I don't believe we would have taken it. Rams were obviously trying like crazy and I'm sure we were listening, but obviously it stopped once Bowers went. I believe the report that we were talking, but there's nothing confirmed that there was actually a deal.

We may have been entertaining an offer but I don't believe we would have taken it. Rams were obviously trying like crazy and I'm sure we were listening, but obviously it stopped once Bowers went. I believe the report that we were talking, but there's nothing confirmed that there was actually a deal.
The report didn’t say we were just talking, it said the trade was in place. Fell through when he was selected

Does this make you dislike the Raiders brain trust or the way their idiot owner supposedly conduct’s important team-related business decisions. Like he’s flying by the seat of his pants almost.

I’m not trying to be snarky, obnoxious or a troll, I’m genuinely curious as to why they would manage the odds of deciding to take a 2-time All-American, John Mackey Award-winning TE, an extremely talented player many scouts, observers, commentators are saying might be the best college TE entering the NFL since Jeremy Shockey over 22 years ago.
Nah, I mean how you come to a decision is how you come to one.

I once read, if you’re split on something flip a coin. While it’s in the air whatever decision you truly want will come to mind. That’s the one u choose

Nah, I mean how you come to a decision is how you come to one.

I once read, if you’re split on something flip a coin. While it’s in the air whatever decision you truly want will come to mind. That’s the one u choose

Well I’m glad we aren’t flipping coins to pick our players.

I think we'd have passed on him and the fume around here and the fanbase if we did so would've been insane. Even more so if we actually let the rams jump up to grab him depending on what the compensation was.

We weren’t taking Bowers over Fuaga. Only taking him if Fuaga was gone
It would've been a really interesting situation. I was all for Bowers but that was with Fuaga projected to be off the board. Both guys on the bord? That's tough. Draft Fuaga because of obviously. Draft Bowers because he's an awesome prospect. Or trade down for much need picks. If we could've traded down a few spots and still picked up Fuaga that would've been fantastic.

It would've been a really interesting situation. I was all for Bowers but that was with Fuaga projected to be off the board. Both guys on the bord? That's tough. Draft Fuaga because of obviously. Draft Bowers because he's an awesome prospect. Or trade down for much need picks. If we could've traded down a few spots and still picked up Fuaga that would've been fantastic.
The way the draft fell it looks like we could’ve traded down and still landing him but not worth the risk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom