Brock Osweiler (NFL.Com) Labels Fleener as Free Agent Bust (1 Viewer)

This article is written by some clown named Chris Wesseling not Osweiler :hihi:

Anyway, this is what he had to say about Fleener,

3) Coby Fleener, TE, New Orleans Saints: When the Saints lured Fleener to the Big Easy with a five-year, $36 million deal, he was billed as a playmaking upgrade on departed veteran Ben Watson. Fleener was supposed to make magic with Drew Brees, terrorizing defenses down the seam while calling to mind the halcyon days of Jimmy Graham.

I honestly am tired of the offensive toys SP absolutely feels he must have.

Not that I disagree that we overpaid Fleener, but remember when we spent a second round pick on a receiver and there was a big group upset because it was we 'wasted' a high pick on a luxury position? I think that 'offensive toy' worked out OK.

My biggest disappointment is that Fleener shows no toughness to try for contested balls.

Not that I disagree that we overpaid Fleener, but remember when we spent a second round pick on a receiver and there was a big group upset because it was we 'wasted' a high pick on a luxury position? I think that 'offensive toy' worked out OK.

Saints are 4-6 with Thomas who has played well but that doesn't necessarily mean their record wouldn't be better had they chosen a pass rusher.

Fleener has all of the tools to be very productive for us. However, Drew spreads the ball around and Fleener is soft as baby ****.
Disclaimer: I'm not a Fleener hater, I'm a Fleener supporter, and realist.

To be honest, I was confused at the amount of money we gave him, especially considering other team needs.

I also couldn't find many highlights on him, so I then I was like "what the heck, Sean knows what he's doing when it comes to offensive players..", I guess I was wrong.

Fleener was a mistake. I wish we'd give his snaps to Hill, or allow some of the unknown TEs we have on this roster to step up.

Finding a TE has NEVER been a problem for Payton up until this year. It seemed like no matter who we plugged in, they produced. I can't say the same about Fleener.

To be honest, I was confused at the amount of money we gave him, especially considering other team needs.

I also couldn't find many highlights on him, so I then I was like "what the heck, Sean knows what he's doing when it comes to offensive players..", I guess I was wrong.

Fleener was a mistake. I wish we'd give his snaps to Hill, or allow some of the unknown TEs we have on this roster to step up.

Finding a TE has NEVER been a problem for Payton up until this year. It seemed like no matter who we plugged in, they produced. I can't say the same about Fleener.

Yeah that contract was a head scratcher.

It's hard to argue against. I was willing give him a chance to improve but the season is nearly over and he has done almost nothing.

Fleener has been an extreme disappointment with dropped passes and appears softer than Graham if that's possible.

The seam route hasn't been there all year. In fact, we don't even attempt to throw it after trying early in the season. Very sad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom