We have a shot at three 1000 yard receivers. (1 Viewer)

Jameth

Formerly jrich7720
Reaction score
It won't be much of a consolation prize if we're (likely) eliminated from the playoffs, but it's still pretty cool.

Cooks has 1056 as of today.

Thomas needs only 117 yards.

Snead needs 208. This is probably unlikely, unless he has another game like he had Week 1.

This has only happened five times before. The 1980 Chargers, 1989 Redskins, 1995 Falcons, 2004 Colts, and 2008 Cardinals are the teams who have done it.

It won't be much of a consolation prize if we're (likely) eliminated from the playoffs, but it's still pretty cool.

Cooks has 1056 as of today.

Thomas needs only 117 yards.

Snead needs 208. This is probably unlikely, unless he has another game like he had Week 1.

This has only happened five times before. The 1980 Chargers, 1989 Redskins, 1995 Falcons, 2004 Colts, and 2008 Cardinals are the teams who have done it.

We'd also be the first team to do so without posting a winning record.

We have quite a set of receivers here.

Still won't even be remotely considered for MVP sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you honestly say it would fit, being at best on 8=8 team.
And to be brutally honest Brees saved his worst games for the most crucial ones. When we needed to win to save the season he played his poorest.

He had help there and the entire offense from coaching on down didn't show up but in an MVP type season you make the difference at those junctures.

and to be brutally honest Brees saved his worst games for the most crucial ones. When we needed to win to save the season he played his poorest.

He had help there and the entire offense from coaching on down didn't show up but in an MVP type season you make the difference at those junctures.

The fact that those two games coincided with the Cardell Hayes trial and verdict, and the way that Drew played this week, really confirms my suspicion that it was negatively impacting this team in some fashion.

Having said that, an MVP doesn't belong on a non winning team, so I feel that Brees unfortunately shouldn't get it this year.

and to be brutally honest Brees saved his worst games for the most crucial ones. When we needed to win to save the season he played his poorest.

However he played a good game against the #1 defense. You can't take that away from him.

Drew had his faults, but I also blame Payton as well. I believe he could have installed a better offensive game plan as well.

The fact that those two games coincided with the Cardell Hayes trial and verdict, and the way that Drew played this week, really confirms my suspicion that it was negatively impacting this team in some fashion.

Am I the only one who saw Drew messing with his throwing shoulder alot those two games? He gets hit, he's grabbing it. Makes a completion, he's grabbing/rotating his arm. It didn't seem normal to me.

Am I the only one who saw Drew messing with his throwing shoulder alot those two games? He gets hit, he's grabbing it. Makes a completion, he's grabbing/rotating his arm. It didn't seem normal to me.

He's been doing that since 2012 but we are not supposed to talk about it.

You're absolutely right despite the mixed reaction. You're not taking anything away from Brees, he remains one the league's most productive QB still in the prime of a Hall of Fame career. But to truly be a league MVP - the most valuable player in the NFL - you have to be performing at your best when your team needs it the most.

Perhaps for good reasons, and certainly due to poor performances all around (players and coaching) the Saints had a run of bad play at a critical time in the season . . . and Brees was right there with the rest of the team in that lackluster play. You don't win MVPs under those circumstances - that's just reality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom