We have a shot at three 1000 yard receivers. (1 Viewer)

Start out poorly, catch up, swoon, finish strong when it doesn't matter--the pattern for the last 3 seasons. All talk of individual accomplishments and MVP-type play misses the key point: Inconsistency and a failure to rise to the occasion in the most meaningful games once again dooms the Saints to an also-ran.

He's been doing that since 2012 but we are not supposed to talk about it.

I sure hope he's not dealing with any pain in that shoulder. Guess you never really know. He would never tell us. I just hope he can give us another 8 years. 3 at the very least, but man 8 sure would be nice.

I love these receivers. Cooks is top 3 at taking the top off coverage, CGM is top 5 at 50/50 balls, Willie is top 5 at clutch 1st down catches from the slot. All 3 have great hands. I think those 3 combined have the best hands and RAC in the game.

Start out poorly, catch up, swoon, finish strong when it doesn't matter--the pattern for the last 3 seasons. All talk of individual accomplishments and MVP-type play misses the key point: Inconsistency and a failure to rise to the occasion in the most meaningful games once again dooms the Saints to an also-ran.

Enjoy the journey, you may never arrive at the destination.

Fans can separate individual accomplishments from the W/L column. It's more fun and rewarding to root for each player individually and the team, not just the bottom line.

Stats may be useless for losing football players and coaches, but not for fans. Fans have the luxury of enjoying individual play.

Enjoy the journey, you may never arrive at the destination.

Fans can separate individual accomplishments from the W/L column. It's more fun and rewarding to root for each player individually and the team, not just the bottom line.

Stats may be useless for losing football players and coaches, but not for fans. Fans have the luxury of enjoying individual play.
I've been a Saints fan my whole life (51 years), and I'm well acquainted with the journey. I've suffered through decades of bad Saints football and meaningless end-of-season games where you're already saying "wait till next year" before this year is even over. I didn't want to go back to that so soon after our SB victory. I don't think the team nor the fan base should accept going back to that.

It seems like he's grabbing his pads and moving them. As if they tend to rise on him in an uncomfortable positon

Only on his throwing arm side..All the time...even before he throws the ball...even on the side lines?

Thomas will get it..Snead, if he's within 100 going into the last game Payton will make it happen.

I think Ingram will get there too for rushing.

Only on his throwing arm side..All the time...even before he throws the ball...even on the side lines?
Makes sense..when I play basketball I'm always adjusting my sleeve on my shooting shoulder. And that would be my left. Heck, I even do it at work..just a habit now.

It won't be much of a consolation prize if we're (likely) eliminated from the playoffs, but it's still pretty cool.

Cooks has 1056 as of today.

Thomas needs only 117 yards.

Snead needs 208. This is probably unlikely, unless he has another game like he had Week 1.

This has only happened five times before. The 1980 Chargers, 1989 Redskins, 1995 Falcons, 2004 Colts, and 2008 Cardinals are the teams who have done it.

Very impressive. Thanks for looking that up.

Can we get 3 x 1000 yard receivers?

So with just two games remaining, can our great trio of receivers 'each' get to 1,000 receiving yards in this tough, roller coaster season?

I don't know if and how many times this has ever been achieved in the NFL, but what a great watermark for our team and the Saints Record book if this trio and Brees can get-it-done!

Here are the current stats on each with just two dome games remaining (One in our Superdome - vs TB, and one in the Georgia dome - vs Atlanta):

(1) Brandin Cooks: 1,056 yards,;15.1 ypc; 75.1 ypg (1,000 marker already attained)

(2) Michael Thomas: 883 yards; 11.6 ypc; 67.9 ypg

Michael needs just 117 more yards to hit the 1,000 mark. He is currently averaging just under 68 ypg. If he can stay healthy and play out the last two games at his current 'yards per game' average, he would end the season with 1,019 receiving yards.

(3) Willie Snead: 792 yards; 11.8 ypc, 60.9 ypg

Willie needs that touchdown catch the Refs called back on him last week, and a few 'extra passes' thrown his way from King Drew if he is going to reach this awesome threshold. And what a great accomplishment it would be to a fantastic UDFA wildcard like Willie to do so.

Willie needs 208 yards to reach 1,000. But he is only averaging 60.9 per game. At this rate, Willie ends at 914, or just 86 yards short.

We need Willie to bring up his average to 104 yards per game over the last two games. I certainly hope Drew has this on his radar. I kind of see Willie as the ultimate teammate out there blocking and busting his tale and not one to mention it to Drew or Coach Payton to look his way a few extra times over the next two weeks so he can grab a personal record.

That'd be great. I hope so. Also while Brees throws for over 5k again. And Ingram gets 150 more for 1000. Our first since deuce in 2006

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom