Bryan Breese high school highlights (1 Viewer)

Is this supposed to be some kind of gotcha? Obviously it's horrible what he went through but regardless his film is really unimpressive and not someone I would touch in the first.

It's supposed to be saying it's obvious that someone coming off an ACL tear the year before, missing a month of practice due to a sister dying and getting rounds of IV antibiotics won't be putting up All-Pro caliber film even if they're Lawrence Taylor.

Anyone who has gotten admitted to a hospital for IV antibiotics knows you lose ten or 20 pounds of weight in days and takes weeks to fully get back to strength and energy, much less playing an D1 football game.

Someone was actually on here writing about how Bresee being on a snap count the first game back (Florida State) was evidence of his talent level. It wasn't, it's actually evidence of him being a damn warrior. Once again, we're not drafting Bresee for his previous year, we're drafting his for his next 5 years.

You mean the year he was sick and his little sister died?
I agree that you have to give him a bit of a mulligan. I’d be lying if I said I knew a lot about him. I’ve probably watched every piece of media on him that is publicly available.

He seems like an A+ character guy which is awesome. If he fails it won’t be because of work ethic.

Here are my concerns. Time will tell if they are unfounded. I have some concerns about injury. He’s looked frumpy and I question whether he has the training habits required to stay healthy. “A man that large shouldn’t move that well.” Physics agree. You cannot cheat basic physics. The only way you can hope to overcome the enormous stresses put through the body at someone his size/speed is by strengthening the muscles and maintaining flexibility. His bench press at the combine was underwhelming, which tells me he’s not a huge gym guy.

Next…some guys simply peak early. Look at the little league World Series. The kids that are best as adolescents and high school aren’t always the best when they grow up. Bresee honestly doesn’t look a heck of a lot different now than he did in high school. Maybe it was all the injuries, but it does make me wonder how much growth he has left.

One thing about Bresee of all the draft picks we need him to step up the most or we're in big trouble. He's got to be THE man at DT because all we have apart from him are a few rotational guys and not much else. There's no veteran starter at DT to work behind.

Dabo did say.....as a freshman, ......Bresee was the best player on the team.

That's something.

Yeah, was looking at some of those highlights as a freshman.

Geez, he was slinging guys around. In college !

I gotta a feeling Bryan is going to be a problem in the NFL. He's nasty :)

Having lived in Clemson for years, Bresee is the real deal. He was the best player on that Clemson Championship team The last few years have been an anomaly as he had ACL surgery, kidney infection and his sister pass away.

Ask yourself, if a close family member (Mom / Dad / Sister) passed away, how would it affect your daily life? I guarantee it would.

He will have a learning curve in the NFL, but this guy is the real deal and we will be very happy with this pick years down the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom