Bushrod may not be back...[Mod edit - OPINION] (1 Viewer)

Cool. So that solution will protect (I'm using the word loosely) Drew for about two games until it pulls a hammy. What then? Can Rob Ryan play LT?

That's why we have OTAs , TCs, preseason and trade deadlines before the season. Don't jump off a bridge for Bushrod, we will get someone in there that can hold it down without paying 8+ mill a year for him. Its serious, and needs addressing, but even Bushrod knows he ain't worth that much, maybe 6-7. Let's see what he is willing to accept before we go crazy.

And, if we can get Bushrod to sign for between $5 and $8 million average per year, he will be back. You can't really get a LT much cheaper. Especially not one that knows the system and that you know what he can and can not do.

We could put a transition tag on him at about 7.5 mill, and let him go shop. If nobody bites then there it is. If someone tops it, we have right of first refusal to match orlet him go.

I always considered Bushrod a good, not great player.

If he can scam somebody into paying him $10M per year, I'm glad it won't be us...

That "article" has ZERO thread of credibility. It doesn't site any sources within the Saints organization. It doesn't even suggest that information is based off any additional insight than what is available to the public. It has NO merit. Linking this article to the main page is like linking one of my posts to the main page. Pure unadulterated, unbacked speculation. SR should remove the link from the front page.

The logic the writer uses is faulty. Guess what? Every team that is over the cap is mainly concerned with getting under the cap right now. That doesn't mean that the Saints are not going to try to re-sign their biggest free agent.

The numbers the writer uses are faulty. 5 - 8 million for a starting left tackle? The Saints would jump on that opportunity. The concern is that Bushrod may be looking for elite left tackle money which is in the range of 9 to 10 million. A long term 5 - 8 million dollar contract? LOL, Loomis could make a salary cap friendly 8 million/year for 5 year contract in his sleep.

There are too many things wrong with this article for SR to have it on its front page.

I saw Clady's tag would cost Denver just under 10 million for the season. So just under 10 million.

Clady turned down an offer last year for 50m over 5 years, basically, 10 per. Now, he is tagged at less than that. He hurt himself.

It's a roll of the dice but, if this happens, do not be surprised to see the Saints target an OT in the first. I'd really hate to see it happen but the article does indicate that the Saints will have to do some pretty serious movement in the salary cap in order to keep Bushrod. If so, it makes sense to let him go because it's likely they can get a very suitable replacement in the draft. The only complaint I have about it is I'd really hoped the Saints could grab a good OLB/Pass rusher type with that first rounder. Hopefully, Gallette can turn into the guy we all think he can.

Our needs on defense are so vast and so acute that to even consider an offensive player would be, well, offensive.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

If the Saints let Bushrod walk then that means they really like someone we have on the roster or they have a FA target. No way they just let him walk and hope to hit on someone in the draft.

Our needs on defense are so vast and so acute that to even consider an offensive player would be, well, offensive.

See these kind of posts always confuse me. I was under the impression we were an offensive-minded team. In fact, without our HC and with a HISTORICALLY bad D we were still only a few plays from making it to the post season. Our Offense is WAY more important than our D. How good do you think that Offense would be if Drew goes down after we plug in a turnstile at LT?

Just a thought for anyone who find the idea of using our first pick to protect the only reason we're relevant as a franchise, repugnant...

Turrible. This article was a high school book report...a 'C' grade book report since it didn't list any sources.

And protecting the single most important player on the team isn't a concern? If Brees goes down all you have to do is look at the 2011 Colts to see what to expect.

And protecting the single most important player on the team isn't a concern? If Breed goes down all you have to do is look at the 2011 Colts to see what to expect.

Can we suspend the "Brees gonna die" hyperbole?

There are plenty of LTs out there, and if you read, we already told you that Clady (who is the best right now, consensusly) is tagged at under 10. Relax, let the market play itself out. These coaches may all go low this year and make this conversation moot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom