Buying Retail (1 Viewer)

The government doesn't pay Walmart employees. Walmart pays Walmart employees, that's clear, right?
Ok

Let's get this straight. The nation's largest employer hires people part time for the vast majority of hires. Pays just over the minimum wage to them. You know why? Don't have to insure them. We get to pay for that as in the government.

Part-time and barely over the minimum wage equals humans needing government assistance of some shape or form. Health care, housing, food assistance, or something else.

Get it yet?

Is this over your head?

Or do I have go deeper?

Or do you just love buying Chinese crap from the under payed and employed because that 2 bucks saved means that much to you.

Any questions?

Ok

Let's get this straight. The nation's largest employer hires people part time for the vast majority of hires. Pays just over the minimum wage to them. You know why? Don't have to insure them. We get to pay for that as in the government.

Part-time and barely over the minimum wage equals humans needing government assistance of some shape or form. Health care, housing, food assistance, or something else.

Get it yet?

Is this over your head?

Or do I have go deeper?

Or do you just love buying Chinese crap from the under payed and employed because that 2 bucks saved means that much to you.

Any questions?

I don't really care for Walmart's business model in terms of labor, but, if it's not them, it will be someone else doing the same thing. They're not the only ones handling labor the way they do. Other large retailers have similar practices.

The thing is, consumers still shop at Walmart for whatever reasons. I think either convince Walmart to change their model (unlikely) or change minimum wage and benefits provisions for part time employees (more likely).

Complaining about people shopping there really doesn't accomplish anything imo.

I don't really care for Walmart's business model in terms of labor, but, if it's not them, it will be someone else doing the same thing. They're not the only ones handling labor the way they do. Other large retailers have similar practices.

The thing is, consumers still shop at Walmart for whatever reasons. I think either convince Walmart to change their model (unlikely) or change minimum wage and benefits provisions for part time employees (more likely).

Oh I get it you would like to pay more in taxes so the Walmarts and Amazons of the world can operate the way they do.

You do realize we are talking about the largest employer in the us of a that is not uncle Sam right? 1.5 million and 50% part time.

Yep I understand. You don't give a darn about anything but price?

Or you just don't care about other humans struggling to make ends meet?

The sad thing is you don't see that your tax dollars are gonna help them because their employer refuses to.

The government doesn't pay Walmart employees. Walmart pays Walmart employees, that's clear, right?

That isn't true. Sure, Wal-Mart pays their hourly wage but their food stamps, WIC, health care and many other things are paid for by government assistance. So basically you and I pay for their living expenses with taxes.

And it's not just the taxes. Look at their real estate practices and the way they hurt small town economies without ever paying the tax revenue to the city they claim they will bring.

Anyway, they are not a good company and I refused to shop there for the last 5 or 6 years before I moved to Germany.

You can edit your email settings and control what emails you receive. You can select to not receive emails pertaining to feedback and surveys. It is located under your Communication Preferences.

first thing I do when I check my email:

1. Select All
2. Deselect 1 or 2 (maybe)
3. Delete all selected.

But I think you may be upset about something that can't be satisfied
ah well
Ok

Get it yet?

Is this over your head?

Or do I have go deeper?

Any questions?
Well, I think it's more complicated than that...yeah

That isn't true. Sure, Wal-Mart pays their hourly wage but their food stamps, WIC, health care and many other things are paid for by government assistance. So basically you and I pay for their living expenses with taxes.

And it's not just the taxes. Look at their real estate practices and the way they hurt small town economies without ever paying the tax revenue to the city they claim they will bring.

Anyway, they are not a good company and I refused to shop there for the last 5 or 6 years before I moved to Germany.
True enough, yeah. I get it.

But then if you look at how Walmart helps small town economies, you also have to take that into consideration

I much prefer the store brand oatmeal at Wal Mart over the Publix store brand. So I buy oatmeal at Wal Mart. And I use the self checkout. I guess I am a horrible person that hates people because due to my oatmeal purchase.

I am going to donate a dollar to the next checkout charity they have at Publix. I hope that makes me feel better about my life choices.

Oh I get it you would like to pay more in taxes so the Walmarts and Amazons of the world can operate the way they do.

You do realize we are talking about the largest employer in the us of a that is not uncle Sam right? 1.5 million and 50% part time.

Yep I understand. You don't give a darn about anything but price?

Or you just don't care about other humans struggling to make ends meet?

The sad thing is you don't see that your tax dollars are gonna help them because their employer refuses to.

You just put a lot of words in my mouth. Nice.

I help employ more restock clerks when there is s long line due to not enough cashiers staffed. I just set all my stuff on the ground and walk out.

Last edited:
You just put a lot of words in my mouth. Nice.
That’s what I don’t get at times
Unless icon/sigs are hidden, I don’t understand how someone with your posting history can be accused of saying something fairly contrary to your posting track record

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc
That’s what I don’t get at times
Unless icon/sigs are hidden, I don’t understand how someone with your posting history can be accused of saying something fairly contrary to your posting track record

Yeah, it just sounded like a rant generally directed at me that didn't directly respond to anything I said. Then made a bunch of assumptions that didn't have anything to do with the points I made.

I don't shop at Walmart. I haven't been in one in years.

We have choices and I choose to try and avoid Walmart's policies that rob from the poor to give to the rich. Complaining about it starts a dialogue and educates people as to the choices they make.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom