Buying Retail (1 Viewer)

I find that I'm less and less likely to get into particular stores because I know they're going to ask me to join their savings club or whatever. There's a Big Lots literally a 30 second walk from my house and almost any regular old household thing I need, they've got it. But they always ask if you're a member of their rewards program and if not they run you through the spiel of why you need to be. Then it's a dollar for literacy or a dollar for heart disease. So at this point I'd rather just get in the car and drive the 5 minutes to Walmart or Target.

As bad as they can be sometimes, Wal-mart is my go to just to avoid the overabundance of receipts. I LOVE their Savings Catcher app where the receipts are just electronically transferred to it once you're done checking out. No more paper or looking for faded receipts to return crap.

As bad as they can be sometimes, Wal-mart is my go to just to avoid the overabundance of receipts. I LOVE their Savings Catcher app where the receipts are just electronically transferred to it once you're done checking out. No more paper or looking for faded receipts to return crap.

I just avoid Wal-Mart.

I agree 100%

NSFW

Yeah, but I'll make a few comments anyway.

1. Bill's full of sheet. If the waiter doesn't give him his salad, I fully expect him to birch and ask for 'the manager'. He's not the kind of guy to let something go.

2. Ratings are great for products and when you're not willing to try something crappy when you have choices. We want some way of knowing that our issues or concerns are being explained away or flat out confirmed.

3. At the same time, ,too many crappy raters or liars or paid raters really ruin all that.

You need to take a page out of my playbook, and go all "Retail Jeopardy!" on their a** just as they're scanning your final item/before they can ask:

- I have my own bags...
- No donations today, thank you...
- No rewards points...
- I'll pay with [insert method of payment]

Most cashiers - who don't remember me - are at first a little surprised, but they do appreciate NOT having to rhyme off the same drivel for the thousandth time.

Bonus Round: Upon starting the interaction, when asked "How are you today?" I'll say something completely unusual or random (stupendous, epic, horrible) just to see if they're paying attention. If they don't notice, be sure to keep an eye on the scanner/screen so that you're not overpaying. LOL!

Do you want the $10 warranty on that $20 item your purchasing?

You must not shop at Walmart. Say what you want about Walmart, but they get you out in a hurry. I can't remember ever being asked by them about some extra thing at checkout. If you just want a couple of things you can just use self-checkout and you don't even have to talk to anyone at all. They don't even want a signature unless your total is above a certain amount. They even generally avoid helping you if you're clearly wondering around looking for something -- who can beat that?

...I pretty much just shop at Walmart and HEB but when I go into the local ACE hardware they try and guilt me into rounding up to the nearest dollar for whatever their cause is and I usually submit. And when I'm looking for something ACE employees sometimes even bother me, asking if they could help and all. NO THANKS, I want to find it myself and your extra bit of customer service doesn't make up for your checkout guilt!

You must not shop at Walmart. Say what you want about Walmart, but they get you out in a hurry. I can't remember ever being asked by them about some extra thing at checkout. If you just want a couple of things you can just use self-checkout and you don't even have to talk to anyone at all. They don't even want a signature unless your total is above a certain amount. They even generally avoid helping you if you're clearly wondering around looking for something -- who can beat that?

...I pretty much just shop at Walmart and HEB but when I go into the local ACE hardware they try and guilt me into rounding up to the nearest dollar for whatever their cause is and I usually submit. And when I'm looking for something ACE employees sometimes even bother me, asking if they could help and all. NO THANKS, I want to find it myself and your extra bit of customer service doesn't make up for your checkout guilt!

I guess you don't care about the Walmart employment policy of part time and unliveable wage thing.

Do you not understand that Walmart has more working poor people on the payroll than anyone.

What you are getting in all that convenient service is more people on the govt tit!

I would rather answer a couple questions than have more people on food stamps.

But then again I am not against talking to people.

Maybe the real answer is why are you guys afraid of conversation?

I guess you don't care about the Walmart employment policy of part time and unliveable wage thing.

Do you not understand that Walmart has more working poor people on the payroll than anyone.

What you are getting in all that convenient service is more people on the govt tit!

The government doesn't pay Walmart employees. Walmart pays Walmart employees, that's clear, right?

I don't work for walmart, but I'll be happy to answer any questions man.

But I think you may be upset about something that can't be satisfied

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom