Cam Meredith released. (1 Viewer)

Sorry for Meridith as he seemed to have a bright career in his future. If he hasn't come back from that devastating knee injury in 2 years it is hard to see him ever returning to his pre injury ability. I just wonder if after 2 practices he came up gimpy again or what exactly precipitated this move at this time!

Kinda surprised they didn't put him on the pre-season IR or PUP or something. Wouldn't that open a roster spot? If not, it's a logical cut with a small dead money hit.
That likely means he’s “healthy”. My guess is a two-fold scenario. He’s probably lost a step due to the injury, and we have some other guys showing more promise. No reason to hold on to a vet if he’s not cutting it.

That likely means he’s “healthy”. My guess is a two-fold scenario. He’s probably lost a step due to the injury, and we have some other guys showing more promise. No reason to hold on to a vet if he’s not cutting it.
He left practice early yesterday. Maybe he re-injured himself again and the Saints had just had enough. Who knows?

Sorry for Meridith as he seemed to have a bright career in his future. If he hasn't come back from that devastating knee injury in 2 years it is hard to see him ever returning to his pre injury ability. I just wonder if after 2 practices he came up gimpy again or what exactly precipitated this move at this time!
I think it's prob a combination of some of the young guys performing above expectations, early chemistry b/w Brees and Cook, the promise shown by Matthews and the FO wanting to do right by the player and release him early so he has the best chance possible to catch on with another team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom