Cam Newton: Kirk Cousins Has Six Games to Prove Himself Before Penix Gets a Shot (2 Viewers)

it might work out

Give me your perfect scenario of how “it might work out” looks like, then tell me the last time any way outside the box convoluted perfect scenario has ever worked out for just about any franchise, much less a team with the fortunes of our beloved rival. 🤣

I'll be honest, as much as I think fit and location matter, and I think Rattler ended up in right spot, I think Bo Nix ended up in right spot....I don't think Penix did. Perhaps that's the Saints fan in me, got no problems with the pick...was very smart and dumb by ATL but I just don't think the situation is ideal.

We have lotta dead cap charges ourselves that were poor management decisions. (Ram was broken before his second contract)
Ram was a 27 year old 3x All-Pro before his second contract began. He didn’t miss multiple games until after he agreed to the contract extension. He missed 7 games in 2021 but played 16 games in 2022. No signs of him being broken after 2022.

Saints dead cap charges came from re-signing their draft picks and restructuring their franchise QB & MLB all at one time after they all performed near the top of their positions. Too many big holes would’ve existed if they weren’t re-signed.

Re-signing a 27 y/o All-Pro RT, who played 63 out of 64 games just before the extension, isn’t comparable to giving 100M gtd to a 36 y/o FA QB recovering from an Achilles. Then, already talking about benching him after a few games into his first season before his first season started.

Too much money invested and too much experience to pull him after six games. I will say if he has a bad year they may pull him at the end and Pennix finish it out and take over next year.

This is from January … Cam wants to be their vet overseeing Penix while making bank. He wants Cousins to be traded yesterday. Ridiculousness. Nothing to see here except for Cam being Cam.

Last edited:
This is from January … Cam wants to be there vet overseeing Penix while making bank. He wants Cousins to be traded yesterday. Ridiculousness. Nothing to see here except for Cam being Cam.

So this whole thing from him isn't some serious evaluation analysis but instead more about his own self-serving, personal desires.

In the words of Sean Payton, that ******* figures.

That would be hilarious seeing the Falcon's 100 million dollar QB riding the bench... :smilielol:

Can't believe I'm saying this but Cam is right, there's no way the Falcons drafted Penix to sit for 3 years
I can 100% guarantee you barring he's still hurt or has a setback, Penix won't see the field this year to replace him as long as Cousins plays decent.

And if he is not hurt it will be longer, much longer, than 6 games.

He’s like the top of the line of the “QB you’d be happy to take as your starter and can win many games with but you’ll always be trying to upgrade from him because you know deep down you’ll never win a championship with him” types.
If Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Nick Foles can win Super Bowls, Cousins sure as heck can. Of course you had a few of those with outstanding defenses.

Don't get me started on some of the bum QB's that have made it to the Super Bowl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom