Saints Can Drew Brees still throw it deep? (1 Viewer)

I know exactly what you are talking about Drago, play action then launch. From 2009 -2011, when Brees would do the play action then step back to launch a long pass, nearly all of us at Shoal Creek in Austin would stand-up in expectation of a TD as soon as he launched the pass. He was so lethal from that play.
I watch at shoal creek. :ylsuper:

I don't think he can lob it down the field anymore like he use to.. but he can still do it at times... just not consistently. I could be completely wrong. Our WR unit was a revovling door this past season with virtually no one healthy except MT. No team was going to let MT get behind the defense so there wasn't much opportunity. I do think we will see Taysom throw the deep ball a lot more this season though. He ran the ball 95% or more of the time he got it. I think this year he will hand it off and sling it down the field more evenly to throw teams off. He's not as accurate, but hopefully he's getting the practice in.

everyone is going to decline as they get older. I'm saying that even in his prime he was never a great deep ball QB.

I disagree, I think he was one of the best deep ball QB's in the NFL for a few years...I think it is a popular misconception that somehow a QB that can throw it 75 yards in the air inaccurately, is somehow better than one who can throw it 50-60 yards on a rope with pinpoint accuracy....

5th most accurate deep ball thrower according to PFF. He just doesn't do it a ton.

You dont need to when you can thread a needle and keep the defense off center. He's never been a deep ball guy. Has he thrown balls deep? Yes, but if that's your measurement of success, the QB probably is lacking elsewhere.

I have 0 concern about the play of Drew Brees. I bet he is more accurate than an olympic archer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom