Chris Ivory catch? (1 Viewer)

luckyme

hi mom
Reaction score
Does Chris Ivory have the worst hands ever? no passes thrown his way I am aware of. Is catching something that can be taught?

Yes it can be practiced, but only to an extent. It is a talent.

That said, the major reason probably has more to do with Ivory being a rookie, and rookie who didn't get a ton of practice snaps before the season started as it was. He's probably just not that integrated into the passing game yet. Plus it's hard to trust any rookie running back with blitz protection, so he's limited on passing downs as it is. Why we need Pierre back and Bush to bounce back, as good as Ivory has been playing.

They probably don't have confidence in him in terms of pass blocking and catching out of the backfield yet. Which limits what we can do with him on the field to a run or a play action pass.

He did pull this off in the preseason.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/33iGu_ZYbBY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/33iGu_ZYbBY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I do recall he caught a screen pass in pre-season and rumbled/bumbled/stumbled for about 75 yards for a touchdown, breaking about 5 or 6 tackles. I think it was the play that pretty much cemented his spot on the roster.

Yea almost forgot that play. Yea that cemented his spot on the squad.

St. Simon beat me to it, and included visual aides as well!

Just not much of a catcher route runner. Expect to see more of that next year. AP was the same way.

His only reception of the regular season was vs Tampa Bay, you can see it at around the 40 second mark in the highlight video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-saints/09000d5d81b6502c/Week-6-Chris-Ivory-highlights

Although, I'd recommend watching the whole video because this kid can really run. O-line performed really well that game too.

This is his rookie season, and I don't believe anyone expected him to perform the way he has. I'd expect us to see him involved a bit more in the receiving game next season.

His only reception of the regular season was vs Tampa Bay, you can see it at around the 40 second mark in the highlight video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-saints/09000d5d81b6502c/Week-6-Chris-Ivory-highlights

Although, I'd recommend watching the whole video because this kid can really run. O-line performed really well that game too.

This is his rookie season, and I don't believe anyone expected him to perform the way he has. I'd expect us to see him involved a bit more in the receiving game next season.

I want to see this performance in the next 4 games.

Is it me or did it seem like he slowed down close to the goal line in that video like he did yesterday against the Bengals?
Another bad had I would like to see him nip in the bud is dropping the ball shortly after crossing the goal line.

He's playing with a fire under his *** right now, and I think he'll be good for us the rest of the year.

But, his fumbling issue and lack of "Roger Craig value" raises a flag or two.

I think overall, though, that he can be special for us in years to come.

He crosses the goal line and from one angle appears to toss the ball away... I'd prefer he did that after 3 steps into the end zone. We have enough drama in the game!!!

Yes and he will over time. You have to remember he played some FB in HS and has been injured a lot so most of his practice time has probably been working on getting back to running the ball and not pass catching. As he gets more practice and more time in the league he should be able to work on it and as long has he doesn't have bricks for hands and has some hand/eye coordination he should be okay. Give him time, he will get better in all aspects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom