Christian mcaffrey... (3 Viewers)

The one thing i'll say, though, Norv Turner is doing an excellent job this year of getting him the ball in space. The young man has ability, and he'll do damage if given space.

I was trying to remember if Reggie was an adequate blocker (I have to assume he was)
But Reggie and CMC lack ‘sand’ as coach like to say
Sproles is probably a better blocker than both bc his center of gravity is so much lower
AK is a damn fine blocker and is learning to run inside- 2 things that will always make him more valuable/useful than CMC
He was a more than adequate blocker. I was actually very surprised how good he was at it.

cmac is a great player.. he cant block well.. but he is electric. Kamara is better and got in the 3rd plus the move picks.. better than an early 1st on cmac..

Agreed. C-Mac is a stud. I hate that he’s a Panther, but I’m still a fan of his. Norv is using him much more effectively than they did last season, but his pass-blocking is bad. He should be out on routes in those situations.

yea thats how I feel... i cant stand the panthers but I still kinda like mcaffrey and olsen (his kid and what he does for kids with cancer...beyond football)

Ya...Was never a big fan of Mccaffrey. I was worried we were gonna draft him last year. Thank god the Panthers overdrafted him where they did. He’s exactly who i thought he was gonna be. Mccaffrey is basically the new version of Reggie Bush.

Projection for 16 games

McCaffrey

1,809 yards from scrimmage
4.7 yards per rush
8.1 yards per reception
96 receptions
14 TDs
86% catch rate

Kamara

1,834 yards from scrimmage
4.4 yards per rush
8.4 yards per reception
102 receptions
24 TDs
77% catch rate

McCaffrey is a clear cut reason for why the prototype code the Saints go by for certain position plays to their advantage. McCaffrey is undersized both in weight but also from the length department. Kamara's extra 2-3 inches and 15lbs makes him more effective in certain situations like blocking.

As others have said McCaffrey is not much as a blocker. He just gets engulfed and ran over. He does have good hands though. Some so called experts said he had maybe the best hands ever at the combine. He better have with Cam throwing him passes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom