Clues to Use, 2019 NFL Draft... (1 Viewer)

Yeah your right I'm the saints gm in this Facebook group

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190419-011903.png
    Screenshot_20190419-011903.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 4
The strength of this draft is:
  1. DT
  2. EDGE
  3. OT
  4. WR
  5. S
  6. TE

I've been leaning WR/TE because there is a lot of 2nd round talent there, but I'm starting to think a very good DL/OL is going to fall into our lap (or a possible trade up). I'm going to go on the record and say our first pick will be a lineman.

I agree that DT will be very good when Rankins returns. And don't forget Onyemata. But I don't know about putting Edwards at NT and having Brown as a 3 tech. I think it would be the other way around. Pass rushing isn't Brown's strong suit. He'll be a monster beside Rankins though. Don't be surprised if Brown ends up being the best free agent acquisition.

I agree that DT will be very good when Rankins returns. And don't forget Onyemata. But I don't know about putting Edwards at NT and having Brown as a 3 tech. I think it would be the other way around. Pass rushing isn't Brown's strong suit. He'll be a monster beside Rankins though. Don't be surprised if Brown ends up being the best free agent acquisition.

Yeah Brown is a big bodied 3-4 NT. He’s “listed” at 320, but I think he’s more like 335+! ?.

Playing in the 4-3, he doesn’t need to be that big. He also said he’d really like to rush the passer more. If he can get down to about 320, I’d give him a shot at 3tech in TC n see what he can do. Prior to last year, he did average about 3 sacks in his first 3 seasons in NE. And With Sheldon likely out for awhile, IF Brown can play both DT spots, it would help.

But Edwards is certainly no NT. He’ll be a 3tech or DE in base packages.

If the BPA at #62 is the #1 RB in the draft, the Saints won't be drafting him. In fact, the 5th best RB in the draft could easily fall to late in the 4th Round. If every team or any team is selecting BPA, how does a stud RB fall so far?

With DLawrence and Quinn, do you think the CowBelles are taking a DE? If a team needs a QB and they draft the #1 rated QB, should the #2 or #3 fall to them later in the draft and he is the BPA, you think they would take a second QB?

"BPA" is the highest rated player on team draft board. And the team draft board is designed to consider team "needs" in the player ranking. Don't get it twisted.

GO Saints!!
This is not true. Nothing about the Saints draft history suggests this

In hindsight, it's easy to say, "well that was a need after all". And the reason for that is simple, outside of drafting a QB to start the season, drafting any position can and will address a need within a 2 to 3 year window. That's how quickly things change at any position in the NFL. And that's why drafting need is also so illogical. Why pass on a player you rate higher for a player who fills a need when...in the long run...you're going to "need" players at the position you just passed on? That's why smart teams take the best players they can when they can. Needs are ongoing and can change in training camp at a moment's notice. So why invest so much energy in overlooking BPA when "need" is so arbitrary? It's simply too transient a notion and a genuine waste of an opportunity to add better players.

Can't dismiss the qb spot. If a strong prospect falls it could happen.
Teddy is on a 1 year contract
Brees is in the final year of his
Hill is a strong utility player.
Who's to say Brees doesn't sign another
2 year deal or retires?
Who's to say Teddy doesn't roll out if Drew
decides to stay?
I'll say it point blank, Sean Payton has a
couple favorite qbs every draft. If his guy
falls in our lap, he's gonna think long and hard about it.
He really hasn't led on to who he likes this year. I've seen him mention Murray but knows he has no chance at him. He's been
very hush hush about the topic.
If there's one roster move that hasn't been
addressed, it's Coleman at safety. But he was merely depth.
Get your popcorn ready, because none of us know diddly poo. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom