Coaches wearing Suits on Sunday (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just saw Jack Del Rio on CBS and i think he looks pretty pimp in his sunday duds. I think the NFL rule that coaches cant wear suits more than twice a year is one of the most ridiculous things going on.

bill belechick looks like an idiot in what he wears.

bring the suits back!

They'll slowly bring suits back into the game for those coaches that want to wear them...at least if the suits have the team colors and a nice logo placed somewhere. Its all about merchandising, the coaches are shown a ton on screen and the NFL wants to be able to make money off of it. I honestly don't blame them, its really smart concept from a business perspective.

They'll slowly bring suits back into the game for those coaches that want to wear them...at least if the suits have the team colors and a nice logo placed somewhere. Its all about merchandising, the coaches are shown a ton on screen and the NFL wants to be able to make money off of it. I honestly don't blame them, its really smart concept from a business perspective.

Couldn't they work out a merchandising deal with Brooks Brothers, Hugo Boss or Hickey Freeman?

I think it looks weird.I am guess I am not used to it. I think he is missing a top hat.

I like the look...very professional. Belichick looks absolutely horrible with the cutoffs. A few coaches dress with class (Dungy, etc), but the NFL could use a stricter policy on sideline dress.

I like the suits, but Jack Del Rio looks absoultely rediculous in one.

I hate seeing sloppy coaches and would welcome suits on the sidelines. It's just classier, reminds me of the old days.

I dont like the suits. suits at football games just seem out of place and just something that a ole miss frat boy would wear to a game.

I like a more dressed up coach ... ideally I like what Ditka used to wear (Oxford with a tie and a sweater with the team name on it ... along with some slacks).

I think maybe next year Belechek will be out ther in cut off jean shorts and a tank top.

I don't care for the suits either, makes Jack Del Rio look like a politician or something. Reminds me of Al Gore in that suit.

Couldn't they work out a merchandising deal with Brooks Brothers, Hugo Boss or Hickey Freeman?

As classy as that would be, they unfortunately can't do that at this point because of a contract that they already have with reebok. The reason Del Rio and Mike Nolan have been able to wear them is because they convinced reebok to design a custom suit for them and the NFL approved it. But I for one really like the idea of coaches wearing suits, it makes them look professional and more like they're the head of the team. Not like Belichick who looks like Andy Kraft went into a boston subway station and grabbed some hobo to coach his team.

Yeah. The suit idea sucks. This isnt Sunday morning church, and it aint the boardroom either. Thats the way they do it in the NHL, this isnt the NHL. I dont really care what belichick looks like, I dont really care what any of them look like, as long as they are clean and can do their jobs.

If one of them wants to wear one occaaisionally, thats fine, but I dont want to see any rules on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom