COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New batch of cases now has Japan at 107. These are not being reported as Diamond Princess cases.
Japan also just allowed Diamond Princess passengers out of quarantine. A couple have that tested negative before being allowed to leave on planes repatriating have since tested positive.

My positive vibes are not believing 90% of the things posted on reddit and twitter.

Also outside of lying governments like China/Iran/NK, the numbers around the world really aren't as bad as it's being presented. The articles that were stating that 60% of the globe could get covid19 were laughable at best.
I hope you are right but I think time will prove you wrong.

The 60% figure thrown around was based on population, that is why it was laughable.

And South Korea's population is 51 million people and Japan's is 126 Million people. Get back to me when at least one half of 1% of their populations have covid19.
Shall we say in 3 months.

I didn't get that far. I stopped at US Deep State.
Interesting. Considering Operation Mockingbird, Operation Northwoods, Gulf of Tonkin, assassination of JFK, there are many more.
The nuke part was the obvious BS part that made it complete nonsense aside from the 100% fatality rate.

There's a few of us UK who dats. But there hasn't been much to update about the last few days. I think we're still at 9 positive cases in the UK. We're flying back around 70 passengers from the Diamond Princess tomorrow (delayed from today), who'll be going into quarantine for two weeks.

I can confirm that hospitals here have set up coronavirus 'priority assessment pods': https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51392607
Thank you so much. May you please hang around the thread? I would (I presume others as well) love to get info from someone on the ground directly. Much appreciated in advance.

Another positive from someone that recently traveled to Iran, this time in Lebanon.

Another positive from someone that recently traveled to Iran, this time in Lebanon.

At some point, I feel like someone/some people are going to use this event to attack US troops abroad. I mean, just use a person that is positive instead of a bomb vest and walk right in.

At some point, I feel like someone/some people are going to use this event to attack US troops abroad. I mean, just use a person that is positive instead of a bomb vest and walk right in.

It wouldn't even look like an attack. Just a guy shaking hands.

If you're an end-of-the-world religious extremist, this thing is a gift from above. All you have to do is make lunch for your enemies or walk around among them.

Have any of the models taken deliberate transmission into account?

Last edited:
[deep breath]

The coronavirus is nowhere as dangerous as a bomb vest. It's far, far from a death sentence, especially with more effective care. Keep in mind that only 1/5 of all infected get symptoms worse than a low fever and a cough. And that's a number that's been holding up source after source, study after study, WHO, CDC in the U.S., China's CDC, etc.

[/deep breath]

... 60% seems really high if we're talking about population numbers but to think 60% of countries having epidemics it's not that far fetched.
That wasn't the claim -- so far as I understand it, that particular epidemiologist (can research later) said "60%" and meant "60% of 7.5 billion people". Basically calling his shot at ~4 billion infections worldwide by some indeterminate date.

[deep breath]

The coronavirus is nowhere as dangerous as a bomb vest. It's far, far from a death sentence, especially with more effective care. Keep in mind that only 1/5 of all infected get symptoms worse than a low fever and a cough. And that's a number that's been holding up source after source, study after study, WHO, CDC in the U.S., China's CDC, etc.

[/deep breath]

For an unaltered version of the virus, sure. But for a weaponized version, who knows? Of course, there's no telling whether anyone has attempted to weaponize it, let alone do so effectively.

But for a weaponized version, who knows? Of course, there's no telling whether anyone has attempted to weaponize it, let alone do so effectively.
We're not there yet. Gotta deal with the facts in front of us, not the "what ifs?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom