Craig Robertson had his most snaps on defense last week. Interesting since we had our best game as well. (1 Viewer)

Why do people not look at this way...

Craig is great in run support and redzone situations.

Where as he struggles when he gets picked on to do pass coverage against speedster in his zone. whichis his liability between the the 20s.

Why do you want him more snaps in situations that don't complement his skill set. Anzalone is our best coverage linebacker if I'm correct. Anzalone has a skill set more better suited to be on the field moreso as Craig is an excellent situational linebacker.

There is a rhyme and a reason for everything. There is only 2 starters in our LB Corp. It's Davis and Klein. Teo, Craig, and Anzalone are all great situational pieces that show up when called upon..

More snaps=/= better production

Follow the game plan and use your chess pieces intelligently. Which is why I stressed in preseason that our LBer Corp is very game plan dependent.

Because apparently his fire, intensity and passion are greater assets. That's what I keep reading, anyway.

Another case of the back up you don't see play being projected to be the greater player over the one you do see. A syndrome as old as fan message boards and radio talk shows.

Because apparently his fire, intensity and passion are greater assets. That's what I keep reading, anyway.

Another case of the back up you don't see play being projected to be the greater player over the one you do see. A syndrome as old as fan message boards and radio talk shows.
Yes, I would want our situation linebacker to be rotated more, but we got caught in teams wanting to pass a lot. Smith had a horrible day doing it. Anzalone had a horrible day in run support when we had the wrong situational linebacker in...

It be nice to have 3 complete linebacker, but you barely have one. So, you let AJ be the brains. Davis the muscle. Then, hopefully call the right situational linebacker on the field.

In a tight field... I would want Robertson on the field. A wide open field... I rather use Anzalone to contain the pass game.

Not sure many people know this or not, and to Anzalones credit, the saints defense is giving up the fewest fantasy points to te's in the entire NFL. That's yards and touchdowns. That's a major improvement compared to years past where we usually get burned by other teams tigh ends.

Robertson stopped Skins 2 point conversion which turned momentum. Knocked Skins RB out of that game and the game against Carolina. Abused Skins kick returner too. Basically he is an enforcer. We need one of those to balance out the pure athletes.

This is classic false equivalence. What is 20 snaps as a percentage of the total defensive snaps? Not a significant percentage, that's for sure

Well if you look at the spreadsheet I attached to the post it would be 10.34% of the defensive snaps. Alex Anzalone is at 38.56% of defensive snaps. They should be much closer IMO.
LMAO.. Robertson is the reason that we had the best of the year because of his 20 plays out of the 60 magically won us the game.

How about you go watch those 20 plays and see how they use him. It becomes pretty clear what his role is. If anything... He deserve Teo's plays(Which if I recall correctly, it's what he got since Teo was out), but everyone here loves to overrate him. So, they are gonna pick on the one guy that they don't like. Klein shut you guys up after preaseson, but then you have one hope to birch about Anazlone.

You guys love for average old school linebackers that can't cover is nauseating.

I’m going by his stats.

2016: 15 starts out of 15 games, 114 tackles, 70 solo, 6 TFL, 6 QB hits, 0 FF, 2 FR, 1 INT, 4 PD, and 1 sack

2017: 12 starts out of 16 games, 77 tackles, 50 solo, 5 TFL, 1 QB hit, 1 FF, 2 FR, 2 INTs, 6 PD, and 2 sacks

AJ Klein: 12 starts out of 12 games, 54 tackles, 37 solo, 6 TFL, 3 QB hits, 1 FF, 0 FR, 0 INTs, 4 PD, and 2 sacks

Manti Te’o: 11 starts out of 16 games, 62 tackles, 42 solo, 7 TFL, 0 QB hits, 0 FF, 1 FR, 0 INTs, 3 PD, and 0 sacks

Alex Anzalone(combo of this year & last due to not enough play in 2017): 7 starts out of 9 games, 28 tackles, 19 solo, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit, 1 FF, 0 FR, 0 INTs, 1 PD, and 1 sack.

He almost had more solo tackles last year than Klein had regular tackles in the same amount of games. He almost has more pass defensed than the other 3 combined. And has more INTs than the other 3 combined. He has 3 sacks. The dude just makes plays and doesn’t miss tackles. He was involved in 5 turnovers last year unless his one FF was also one of his FR and could possibly be more if any of his 6 PD led to an INT

Last edited:
Well if you look at the spreadsheet I attached to the post it would be 10.34% of the defensive snaps. Alex Anzalone is at 38.56% of defensive snaps. They should be much closer IMO.

I’m going by his stats.

2016: 15 starts out of 15 games, 114 tackles, 70 solo, 6 TFL, 6 QB hits, 0 FF, 2 FR, 1 INT, 4 PD, and 1 sack

2017: 12 starts out of 16 games, 77 tackles, 50 solo, 5 TFL, 1 QB hit, 1 FF, 2 FR, 2 INTs, 6 PD, and 2 sacks

AJ Klein: 12 starts out of 12 games, 54 tackles, 37 solo, 6 TFL, 3 QB hits, 1 FF, 0 FR, 0 INTs, 4 PD, and 2 sacks

Manti Te’o: 11 starts out of 16 games, 62 tackles, 42 solo, 7 TFL, 0 QB hits, 0 FF, 1 FR, 0 INTs, 3 PD, and 0 sacks

Alex Anzalone(combo of this year & last due to not enough play in 2017): 7 starts out of 9 games, 28 tackles, 19 solo, 1 TFL, 1 QB hit, 1 FF, 0 FR, 0 INTs, 1 PD, and 1 sack.

He has more solo tackles last year than Klein had regular tackles in the same amount of games. He almost has more pass defensed than the other 3 combined. And has more INTs than the other 3 combined. He has 3 sacks. The dude just makes plays and doesn’t miss tackles.
Raw stats don't tell the whole story. In fact... 2016 proves how hollow the stats are sometimes

He doesn’t start because Teo, Klein, and Davis are better run stoppers than he is. He doesn’t get more playing time because he can’t cover tight ends or running backs so he isn’t a sub LB. I’m not knocking him because I really him. But that’s why he isn’t starting. Anzalone is still learning but he’s physically one of our best LBs. That’s why he’s getting so many opportunities.

He doesn’t start because Teo, Klein, and Davis are better run stoppers than he is. He doesn’t get more playing time because he can’t cover tight ends or running backs so he isn’t a sub LB. I’m not knocking him because I really him. But that’s why he isn’t starting. Anzalone is still learning but he’s physically one of our best LBs. That’s why he’s getting so many opportunities.

I don’t get that argument when he has 9 career INTs and 24 PD, when no other linebacker on the team comes anywhere near close to that. That’s better than a lot of DBs career numbers. This might be his first year that he doesn’t have an INT cause he’s not playing enough. And he’s 2nd on the team in career tackles & solos to Davis. He is second on the team in career sacks as well with 7. Stats don’t lie. He can’t help it if the team is not good in 2016. He lead the team in snaps & tackles for two years and now gets outsnapped by a 2nd year guy that has done a lot more to get benched than he ever has IMO.

Don’t get me wrong I like Anzalone and want to see him succeed. I just don’t think he deserves to have 123 snaps to Robertson’s 33 after the last two season Robertson has had. I wouldn’t be shocked if he leaves and shows that he should be starting still elsewhere. I just think he deserves to be at least close to Anzalone in snaps. I also think he should be starting cause right now he’s a better player as well.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom