Crawfish boil help (1 Viewer)

Is Rouses not making their crawfish boil?

Yesterday as I was waiting in line for crawfish I heard about a Facebook group called the crawfish critic, is there anything like that in New Orleans?

Folks here in the Houston area, what is the best place for crawfish. I usually drive down to Seabrook he suits the closest thing to Buck Town (in terms of seafood, not in terms of sketchy stuff), but making that 50 min trip, and as I rained blows upon other consumers, I keep saying “there has to be a better way.”

while growing up when attending a boil, the person boiling would always make it seem like it was this ancient family secret how to boil. when I was in my 30's I decided to boil my first time. I borrowed a burner and pot from a neighbor. I had no idea how to do it. so I basically followed the directions on the back of the Zatarains seasoning bottle.
They came out prefect. 13 years later, I still do them pretty much the same, just with a few tweeks. they always peel prefect (able to suck the meat out of the tail without having to actually peel) and seasoned just right (for me and extended fam)..
Try adding a pineapple.. it's awesome..
But I always get a chuckle out of when I have friends over and each of them try to tell me "this is how I do it, why aren't you".. look, you do yours the way you want, I'll do them my way.. it ain't rocket science..
Screenshot_20200503-212044.png

Is Rouses not making their crawfish boil?

Yesterday as I was waiting in line for crawfish I heard about a Facebook group called the crawfish critic, is there anything like that in New Orleans?

Folks here in the Houston area, what is the best place for crawfish. I usually drive down to Seabrook he suits the closest thing to Buck Town (in terms of seafood, not in terms of sketchy stuff), but making that 50 min trip, and as I rained blows upon other consumers, I keep saying “there has to be a better way.”

If you're talking buy live, I would suggest Boyd's on the SE part of town. I live on the north side and generally do L&L Seafood (45 and W Mount Houston) or HEB..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom