Current 53 Man Roster after cuts before IRs and (re-)signings (1 Viewer)

SonOfNOLA

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How the roster currently looks before 2-3 players likely head to IR, re-signing a couple of our cuts and likely signing another OL:

QB: Carr, Winston, Haener
RB: Kamara, J. Williams, Miller, Merritt
FB: Prentice
WR: Olave, Thomas, Shaheed, Kirkwood, Perry, Smith
TE: J. Johnson, Moreau, Graham, Hill
LT: Penning
LG: Hurst (LT2), Peat (LT3)
C: McCoy, Garcia (RG3/LG3b)
RG: Ruiz, Saldiveri (LG3a/RT2)
RT: Ramcyzk, Young

LDE: Jordan, Kpassagnon
NT: Saunders, Roach
DT: Bresee, Shepherd
RDE: Granderson, Turner, Foskey
LB: Davis, Werner, Baun, Jackson, Sewell
CB: Lattimore, Adebo/Taylor, Amadi, Yiadom
S: Mathieu, Maye, Howden, L. Johnson (CB5), Gray

K: Grupe
P: Hedley
LS: Wood

Last edited:
How the roster currently looks before 2-3 players likely head to IR, re-signing a couple of our cuts and likely signing another OL:

QB: Carr, Winston, Haener
RB: Kamara, J. Williams, Miller, Merritt
FB: Prentice
WR: Olave, Thomas, Shaheed, Kirkwood, Perry, Smith
TE: J. Johnson, Moreau, Graham, Hill
LT: Penning, Young
LG: Hurst (LT2), Peat (LT3), Saldiveri (RG3/RT2)
C: McCoy, Garcia (RG2)
RG: Ruiz
RT: Ramcyzk

LDE: Jordan, Kpassagnon
NT: Saunders, Roach
DT: Bresee, Shepherd
RDE: Granderson, Turner, Foskey
LB: Davis, Werner, Baun, Jackson, Sewell
CB: Lattimore, Adebo/Taylor, Amadi, Yiadom
S: Mathieu, Maye, Howden, L. Johnson (CB5), Gray

K: Grupe
P: Hedley
LS: Wood
I count 54 in the post, but Kamara is listed and he doesn’t count because he’s suspended, so that would make it 53.

It’ll be interesting to see if Trequan and anyone else is put on IR and then if someone is brought back or another team’s castoff is added.

You would think Jaylen Smith would be brought back after his salary isn’t guaranteed or whatever that stuff is.

But why would a team want Baun over Smith based on what we’ve seen from them?
They likely want both, but cutting Smith is "safer" since there is no waiver wire for him to pass in order to re-sign him tomorrow. They can have a handshake deal in place to sign him after IR designations are made. They can't do that if they waive Baun because he could be forced to sign with another squad via the waiver wire.

Does Baun have dirt on DA cause I don't know how he sticks over Smith?

Maybe... just maybe the staff will use him correctly and have him rush the passer (think Kaden Ellis role) instead of chasing running backs through the secondary. At least that's what I hope. I hate it when they try to change a player. the dude was a pretty good edge rusher at Wisky, but DA thought it would be a good idea to make him a standup LB. Just makes no sense.

But why would a team want Baun over Smith based on what we’ve seen from them?
My understanding is that Baun would be the guy to replace the pass rushing we lost from Elliss, Smith would purely be a backup or a rare third linebacker on the field.

Does Baun have dirt on DA cause I don't know how he sticks over Smith?

Jaylon Smith is not going far. As a "tenured" vet he is officially a FA. He can go anywhere he wants. No need to go through waivers. I'd place a sizeable bet that he has a handshake deal to return when a spot opens up. Part of the end of the roster churn that always happens.

You would think Jaylen Smith would be brought back after his salary isn’t guaranteed or whatever that stuff is.

He may be back in time to get that guaranteed salary. I suspect it happens fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Maybe... just maybe the staff will use him correctly and have him rush the passer (think Kaden Ellis role) instead of chasing running backs through the secondary. At least that's what I hope. I hate it when they try to change a player. the dude was a pretty good edge rusher at Wisky, but DA thought it would be a good idea to make him a standup LB. Just makes no sense.
Baun is listed at 225lbs. He isn't an NFL pass rusher at 225. Even at Wisconsin he was light for a DE at 238. Kaden Ellis is the player he should have been but couldn't be because he wasn't as good as Ellis. His benefit is a cheap contract.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom