Current 53 Man Roster after cuts before IRs and (re-)signings (2 Viewers)

That's my hope as well. I think Baun could have success if used like Kaden Ellis was last season. Just rush the QB. Keep it simple. It should be obvious by now that he's not a LBer in the traditional sense. Get him on the edge and let him go. If he's not great at that then I don't know what they can do with him.
They love him for his special teams.
Wow. TQS has pictures of Loomis. Either that or he is really the best blocking WR in the NFL.
History of the NFL.

I really feel Baun hasn’t had a fair shake. He’s shown great athleticism on special teams but he doesn’t get on the field enough to judge outside of that. The few times I’ve seen him on defense he looks a little slow against the pass but he’s looked decent against the run. He helped set the tone against KC in preseason game 1 on that 4th down they went for if I’m not mistaken he made the actual tackle after getting great penetration from the dline. Seems like the ability is their but it’s just not a smooth fit for what they want out of the position.

Who is DT Shepherd?

Whose-mans-is-this GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Remember folks, these are the members we argue with and debate with on SR.com on a daily.

I know what you mean but come on he couldn't beat out a 7th rounder for that role. 3 years on he's here because he's cheap not good.
To be fair, it feels like we started blitzing the WLB more in the last 2 years after Kwon arrived. We immediately made Baun an off ball LB as a rookie in ‘20 while he sat behind Kwon and Anzalone in his first 2 years. Now that the blitzing LB role’s defined more clearer in the defense and Elliss gone, Baun has the opportunity to utilize his best skillset coming out of college. More of the coaches fault, than his, for not putting him in better position to thrive.

I do like Kirk Merritt. Always have. Local boy from Destrehan with tons of talent. Love to see him get a few legit plays to see if he’s ready. Boy can run and catch just gotta get healthy.

How many times has the entire Saint's draft made the team?

Also, do you think coaches on the most part keep their draft pick over undrafted players to save face, even if the undrafted out play the drafted all over the field? I always think back to 2007 draft in which the Saints drafted Antonio Pittman in the 4th round, only to cut him because of a little unknown, undrafted running back out of Illinois by the name of Pierre Thomas (as I type his name, I bow to give him homage). I mean does that happen more than I realize?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom