Demanding, Detailed, Accountable Klint Kubiak is winning over coaches and players alike (1 Viewer)

-The 2021 Patriots won 10 games with a rookie Mac Jones. 2021 Patriots offense is what got McDaniels the Raiders job
-Manning didn't know what a playoff win was until Dungy got to Indy
-Favre never sniffed MVP again after MH
-Mahomes didn't throw a single TD in the 2018 division game.
-We went 9-8 and if we would have made the playoffs, he most definitely would have been in the conversation.

Don't even try to put those first 4 games on the defense. lol Drew threw more pick-6s than touchdowns...
Those first 4 was a travesty..
10 games? that's success to you? It still does not alter the fact that one of the greatest HC's in NFL history did nothing after his star QB left and 2yrs later he's out of coaching.
Manning not winning a playoff game was more due to Mora, the guy that NEVER won a playoff game, Besides he only had 4 yrs with Mora and ut was Mora's D that got him fired. Also Dungy inherited a team that went 13-3, 10-6 and 6-10. Hardly scrubs. Then in 08 he retires so we'll never know what he would have done without PM.
Farve came in 4th in MVP voting in 09 , and lost to us in the NFCCG but I guess you have to win it to be considered successful without MH
LOL so what if Mahomes didn't throw a TD in 1 playoff game his 1st yr starting. Cherry pick much?? The fact is Reid, a very good HC could not even get out of the divisional rounds until Mahomes showed up
DB threw 2 pick 6's in the 1st 4 games take away those pick 6's and we still lost by double digits , of course it had nothing to do with the D
You have always spouted that it's all about coaching and system , never about player talent especially @ QB. While coaching is very important talent is just as much if not more important. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear even if you are the best seamstress in the world. You probably think that Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell just need a good coach and the perfect system and they would be in the HOF right now

10 games? that's success to you? It still does not alter the fact that one of the greatest HC's in NFL history did nothing after his star QB left and 2yrs later he's out of coaching.
Manning not winning a playoff game was more due to Mora, the guy that NEVER won a playoff game, Besides he only had 4 yrs with Mora and ut was Mora's D that got him fired. Also Dungy inherited a team that went 13-3, 10-6 and 6-10. Hardly scrubs. Then in 08 he retires so we'll never know what he would have done without PM.
Farve came in 4th in MVP voting in 09 , and lost to us in the NFCCG but I guess you have to win it to be considered successful without MH
LOL so what if Mahomes didn't throw a TD in 1 playoff game his 1st yr starting. Cherry pick much?? The fact is Reid, a very good HC could not even get out of the divisional rounds until Mahomes showed up
*With a rookie QB, after finishing the season before 7-9? Yes, 2021 was the beginning of something for the Patriots. But that is also what got Josh McDaniels the HC in Las Vegas
*So Manning not winning a playoff game was on Mora but him winning a playoff game was on.....him?
*Brett Favre never reached the heights that he did again with MH. MH took another team to the Super Bowl and probably would have won it if it was better officiated.
*I cherry picked nothing about Mahomes. You said "even Reid needed a great QB to win it all" but the fact is, they didn't win it all until Spags got there. In 2018, Mahomes threw 50TDs and 5K yards and only won 2 more games than Alex Smith in 2017. Then he gets to the playoffs and they win the divisional round without Mahomes even needing to throw a TD. Crap, the defense only allowed 13 points in that game. Trying to put it all on Mahomes is drinking that narrative Kool-Aid.

DB threw 2 pick 6's in the 1st 4 games take away those pick 6's and we still lost by double digits , of course it had nothing to do with the D
No....Drew throwing 1 TD and 11 total turnovers in 4 games played a bigger part in us losing by double digits. Did you miss that season?

2007 start.PNG

This is why I wasn't as critical on post-Brees QBs as a huge chunk of the fanbase. Because I remember both the good and bad about Drew.

You have always spouted that it's all about coaching and system , never about player talent especially @ QB. While coaching is very important talent is just as much if not more important. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear even if you are the best seamstress in the world. You probably think that Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell just need a good coach and the perfect system and they would be in the HOF right now
Starting backwards, Ryan Leaf couldn't get out of his way and Jamarcus Russell needed a better support system. You have to remember that Russell was wanted by David, not Kiffin. But I digress....

That being said, we have more examples of QBs being hampered due to bad coaching than QBs carrying bad coaching/teams. In this day and age, scheme is everything. Do we have to go back to the Super Bowl where Mahomes didn't have to do anything but dink and dunk to receivers wide open all over the field. Same situation, most QBs are succeeding on that drive...lol

Yep; I think the fundamental difference with Carr is we went from Drew to Jameis/Dalton and all season, it was pushed that QB was the primary reason for where we were. So, it felt he was coming in as sort a savior with these lofty expectations based off who he really wasn't. It's 2 things that I've never done:

-Attacked his character: I don't think he is fake and he seems to be a great guy off the field. I just don't think he has been embraced because he hasn't embraced. That part is a give and get
-Lied about what he could or couldn't do: I felt that based on what film showed, some of the these we were given didn't line up.

I think this offensive change will do Carr good

I'm not there yet with Rattler. I didn't see enough from him in college and "Mahomes" passes that everyone hypes are probably the least impressive thing a QB can do to me..lol. Also, if people really looked at Tom Brady taking over for Bledsoe, Brady was along for the ride that first season..lol. I'll take the chip tho (and not the cheating it took to get it..lol)
The Carr savior narrative is true and yet another unrealistic expectation. The expectation turned into entitlement. "you promised us a great Qb and this is what we got" This is so far from the truth it isnt even funny. The Saints were straight up the benefactor of good fortune and timing, that Carr became available to them. With no QB1 options after the Watson fail they pounced. It wasnt a "lets sign Carr to juice up the fans and create false excitment" It was more like, "OMG Seriously? Carr is available, NO way. Whats his phone number? Dont worry, already on it".

About Rattler, yea me either, he's got potential, but he'll have to earn QB2 from Haener. If i were to predict, i think Rattler has better pocket mobility than Haener, with Haener, our oline will have to always be elite. WIth Rattler, he can scramble a little. Had he had legs like JD, he'd be a day one starter. So i predict Rattler makes a big jump year 2 and takes QB2. Then year 4 he starts as Qb1. (this is what i hope happens)

The Carr savior narrative is true and yet another unrealistic expectation. The expectation turned into entitlement. "you promised us a great Qb and this is what we got" This is so far from the truth it isnt even funny. The Saints were straight up the benefactor of good fortune and timing, that Carr became available to them. With no QB1 options after the Watson fail they pounced. It wasnt a "lets sign Carr to juice up the fans and create false excitment" It was more like, "OMG Seriously? Carr is available, NO way. Whats his phone number? Dont worry, already on it".

About Rattler, yea me either, he's got potential, but he'll have to earn QB2 from Haener. If i were to predict, i think Rattler has better pocket mobility than Haener, with Haener, our oline will have to always be elite. WIth Rattler, he can scramble a little. Had he had legs like JD, he'd be a day one starter. So i predict Rattler makes a big jump year 2 and takes QB2. Then year 4 he starts as Qb1. (this is what i hope happens)
You must have not watched much of Jake @ Fresno St because he moved quite well in the pocket. You should also re-watch the Charger game

To the OP’s topic…. I’m super stoked to hear about the accountability and attention to detail reports. Something that sure seemed to be lacking the last couple years. Here’s to hoping the players can absorb and adapt to the new scheme quickly!

You must have not watched much of Jake @ Fresno St because he moved quite well in the pocket. You should also re-watch the Charger game
I’d have to go and review Haener, but from what I remember is that he was able to scramble within the offense. But Rattler showed ability to juke and run when the play broke down vs Sec talent, constantly, especially last year. But like I said, he doesn’t have JD legs. So he’s just marginally better than Jake. (Imo). Training camp may change my mind.

I’d have to go and review Haener, but from what I remember is that he was able to scramble within the offense. But Rattler showed ability to juke and run when the play broke down vs Sec talent, constantly, especially last year. But like I said, he doesn’t have JD legs. So he’s just marginally better than Jake. (Imo). Training camp may change my mind.
Jake is not a run down the field kinda guy , he's a move around and keep his eyes down field looking to throw guy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom