Derek Carr world tour thread (updated with combine visits) (2 Viewers)

There are people on this forum that will tell you the sky is red, and no matter how much evidence you show them that it clearly isn’t, they will refuse to change their stance just for the sake of continuing the argument and avoiding conceding defeat.

It’s amazing. 😂
It's not just on this forum, there are a lot of people in general like this.

Wives, for example.

Not being negative....being realistic....In no known universe are we "one player away".....your roster is only as good as their health is and we have mightily struggled with that the last 2 years, to automatically assume that is going to change combined with what has proven to be thus far....an inept coaching staff? That is a leap of faith I'm not ready to take right now....

And I think even some of the most "positive" Saints fans are not delusional enough to believe that last year's roster was anywhere near as good as our championship winning 2009 SB roster, that is a ridiculous statement on it's face.

I hope I'm proven wrong about DA and he leads the Saints to the playoffs this coming season.....glad I didn't ruin your day!!!!!
I don't think we are one player away but we might be one really good draft away from giving ourselves a chance over the next couple of years. No one saw the 2017 turnaround coming on the heels of the 2014-2016 struggles and an 0-2 record to start 2017.. but it happened.

Expecting to replicate the success of the 2017 draft is a little much, I know, but I'd really like for us to hold on to picks 29 and 40 and not use them to move up and see if we can luck up and strike gold once again.

I don't think we are one player away but we might be one really good draft away from giving ourselves a chance over the next couple of years. No one saw the 2017 turnaround coming on the heels of the 2014-2016 struggles and an 0-2 record to start 2017.. but it happened.

Expecting to replicate the success of the 2017 draft is a little much, I know, but I'd really like for us to hold on to picks 29 and 40 and not use them to move up and see if we can luck up and strike gold once again.

I'm not down on our roster, I still think it's good if we are just somewhat healthy, I also still think Jeff Ireland is very good at what he does, if he is allowed to do it without too much interference....

I just don't have any faith in this coaching staff to maximize the talents of said roster. My worse case scenario is we have a good draft, the roster is strong and reasonably healthy and we go 9-8 and miss the playoffs.....But hey, we improved, we have to give DA another year!!!

This.

I didn’t like what I saw from DA in year one. But acting like there’s a 0% chance he can turn things around and make the team better isn’t being “realistic.” It’s being defeatist.

No one can say with any level of certainty if he can fix this. Especially now that we’ve got a decent QB.
It’s not based on one year. He was a head coach for almost 3 years before he got here

I'm not down on our roster, I still think it's good if we are just somewhat healthy, I also still think Jeff Ireland is very good at what he does, if he is allowed to do it without too much interference....

I just don't have any faith in this coaching staff to maximize the talents of said roster. My worse case scenario is we have a good draft, the roster is strong and reasonably healthy and we go 9-8 and miss the playoffs.....But hey, we improved, we have to give DA another year!!!
I wanted DA gone or at a minimum I wanted a new offensive coordinator. Obviously didn't happen and while DA's track record and the lack of creativity on offense last year are strong indictments of he and Carmichael.. they are coming back and that just is what it is at this point and so for now anyway I'm going to approach the upcoming season with some optimism with us now having landed a new and better quarterback.

Definitely more fun with some hope and optimism heading into a new season even if it all ends up being misplaced in the end (or in the middle if the season really starts going down the tubes LOL).

And that's why they become ex-Wives

7dx8ck.gif

It’s not based on one year. He was a head coach for almost 3 years before he got here
I said “in year one.” We’re all aware of his body of work.

Trust me, we’re all aware of everything he and PC have done. Some of us just choose to believe we don’t own crystal balls and would like to discuss ways the team may be able to win games instead of just screaming about how bad the coaches are in every thread.

The reason why it was only four games is more significant.
Well, yeah, 0-4. After 2 pretty crummy seasons for them. But that's just emblematic of their organization too. They've long been one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league and probably is why Carr ended up leaving.

Well, yeah, 0-4. After 2 pretty crummy seasons for them. But that's just emblematic of their organization too. They've long been one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league and probably is why Carr ended up leaving.
Time will tell. That excuse was articulated before Allen started the season. It's put up or shut time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom