DeSean Jackson, plz (edit: cleared waivers) (1 Viewer)

Do we have any Desean Jackson news yet? How long is he on waivers for?

if no one in front of the saints picks him up then they have to bring him in

Do we have any Desean Jackson news yet? How long is he on waivers for?
I think it’s 24 hours post release. Then the league looks at every team that put in a claim and the team with the lowest number in that waiver order gets the player.

I think it’s 24 hours post release. Then the league looks at every team that put in a claim and the team with the lowest number in that waiver order gets the player.
The league? Oh my...you know they don't like to be too friendly to us.

How does it work, if he is claimed on waivers do you pay his currently salary? But if he clears them, you can sign him to a new contract?

Our only hope is he’s paid more than ppl would like to pay, and he gets to go anywhere. And chooses us because we have the best offensive mind still looking for a receiver.
When you make a waiver claim you are claiming the current contract. If he clears waivers then he is a free agent and can be signed to whatever he agrees to.

72 hours

Either the tweet is wrong or the 72 hours is wrong. Iirc, teams have 24 hours to submit a waiver claim. If no team submits a claim, player immediately becomes a free agent after the 24 hour waiver period is completed.

DJax was officially waived today.

Either the tweet is wrong or the 72 hours is wrong. Iirc, teams have 24 hours to submit a waiver claim. If no team submits a claim, player immediately becomes a free agent after the 24 hour waiver period is completed.

DJax was officially waived today.
It's 24 hr's except in some vague unexplained scenario. Is it the length of time or the ability to withdraw or both? I couldn't find anything else with a search of the site. It was posted as an update in 2015 so I assume it's not a covid related reason.

Except in rare incidents, the waiver period lasts 24 hours and all waivers are categorized as “no recall” and “no withdrawal,” which means once a club waives a player, it cannot take the player back or change the player’s status.

I keep hitting the F5 button. Do we have a chance at landing him?

I thought veteran players were able to skip the cut/waiver process? Or was that something else?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom