Detellier On Draft/Saints (2 Viewers)

I do not believe that trading up or down is solely based upon the draft chart. The draft chart is constantly being altered and changed. I think the Ravens would take a fourth and be happy. They do not lose much by trading down, gain a pick and prevent a top flight defensive player from going to a division rival.

Because there are no guarantees moving up is going to get us a player better than where we are or moving down. And we can't afford to give away picks on a player that might not turn out. We need talent all over the defense, not just one impact player.

:plus-un2:

It all depends the 2 guys I have spent the most time looking at are Sed Ellis and Keith Rivers.

If Sed Ellis is there are 10 we take hime no questions asked.

If Keith Rivers shows up to the combine at 6'2" 240lbs. and runs a sub 4.6 40 then we can just as easily take him at 10.

I do not believe that trading up or down is solely based upon the draft chart. The draft chart is constantly being altered and changed. I think the Ravens would take a fourth and be happy. They do not lose much by trading down, gain a pick and prevent a top flight defensive player from going to a division rival.

That's true. Teams don't always follow the draft pick chart as fans do. It's more of a guideline than anything. It's possible they could take a 4th...but it's also possible they could demand a 3rd. It's easy to say they wouldn't lose much by moving down....but what if a team behind us trades up with Cincy and takes the player the Ravens wanted? Is it worth a 4th to them to lose the player they wanted? Probably not.

3 picks for one player............ maybe but if he busts expect a coaching change.

Right... Last year was such a good draft Imagine giving up a our First and Fourth for Ellis. IF he is a bust so what, Its not like we would even be giving up two day one picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom