Saints Deuce McAllister was an absolute BEAST! (2 Viewers)

What you don’t see in those videos is his amazing ability to get 3-4 yards when there was nothing there. It was uncanny how he could squeeze out and/or power ahead for four yards when the line was stacked and filled to stop him.

And I didn’t see the TD highlight against the Eagles where he pushed the pike for about seven yards.

And did you hear the announcer at Atlanta say “and that touchdown brought a chorus of boos in the Georgia Dome. Um, no. That Deuuuce by the huge Saints crowd. He was the Falcons’ biggest headache.
That run against Philly for the first is possibly my favorite play by him but you have to give Karney a lot of credit on that play also since he made the lead block and Deuce and him carried the Philly D-line across the line for the 1st.

One of my favorite Saints ever. Seems to be a wonderful human being too. Love him.

Went down a mini YouTube hole and ended up on a Deuce McAllister highlight reel. The dude was just so money!!!! He was a big reason why young Brees was successful after he arrived. Deuce took a lot of pressure off of him.

The fact that @dtc facepalmed this made me say “wtf” out loud

Deuce was actually Latavius Murray with Kamara’s versatility (and more speed than both).
This.

Murray runs upright just like Deuce. The difference was DM26 could run over people standing straight up and still be accelerating and then take it to the house. When he did lower his shoulder he looked like an oxe plowing a field. Then he was really good at catching the ball out of the backfield and just when defenders got worried about getting trucked he was elusive enough to put a move on them and never get touched. He had a 3 year stretch that only some all time greats have matched.

The fact that @dtc facepalmed this made me say “What the Fork!” out loud

I think that facepalm was more for me than Deuce... maybe dtc is a big wINsTon fan, and they’re still mad that I backed Taysom so hard? Maybe they just don’t like my takes no matter what?...

...I just can’t imagine any Saints fan being opposed to giving Deuce McAllister props.

Still my favorite Saints running back of all time.

The fact that @dtc facepalmed this made me say “What the Fork!” out loud

I haven't the slightest idea why that was there. Fat fingers?

Deuce was the best and every time I see Murray break through the line it reminds me of DM due to his size and tall running style.

I haven't the slightest idea why that was there. Fat fingers?

Deuce was the best and every time I see Murray break through the line it reminds me of DM due to his size and tall running style.

All good... I just knew you weren’t down on Deuce.

I see flashes of Deuce sometimes in Murray, but Deuce was a special player (no slight to Murray). Murray and Kamara together is what Deuce was (although Kamara does things that Deuce couldn’t do... or do as well).

All good... I just knew you weren’t down on Deuce.

I see flashes of Deuce sometimes in Murray, but Deuce was a special player (no slight to Murray). Murray and Kamara together is what Deuce was (although Kamara does things that Deuce couldn’t do... or do as well).

Deuce was the man and it's always been disappointing to me that injuries robbed him of a few years overlapped with Reggie. It's obvious now that Payton knew what he was doing with 2 backs, but at the time I didn't get it. Looking back, it could have been spectacular for Deuce to have been a fully healthy back in 09.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom