Deuce's Value (1 Viewer)

and lets u snot forget our current QB was said to be questionable to ever play again when he pulled up to Airline that seemed to work out OK

This isn't a one time thing for Deuce. He has now blown out both knees, missed 2 seasons over it, and went out last year twice with a sore knee, but didn't miss any serious time.

He has serious injury problems. Brees was a freak accident that he recovered from. He also doesn't get hit like a RB. Theres no comparison.

I can't think of any RB's to come back from two bad knees and produce at an acceptable level. I'm sure theres one or two, maybe. Either way the odds are stacked against him. I know he is Deuce and bigger then life to Saints fans, but theres noway he comes back as the starting RB in my opinion.

This isn't a one time thing for Deuce. He has now blown out both knees, missed 2 seasons over it, and went out last year twice with a sore knee, but didn't miss any serious time.

He has serious injury problems. Brees was a freak accident that he recovered from. He also doesn't get hit like a RB. Theres no comparison.

I can't think of any RB's to come back from two bad knees and produce at an acceptable level. I'm sure theres one or two, maybe. Either way the odds are stacked against him. I know he is Deuce and bigger then life to Saints fans, but theres noway he comes back as the starting RB in my opinion.

Agreed. Ideally, he'll come back healthy this year, get his 7-10 carries a game, 19 games, and then a dignified retirement.

I think that Deuce will be worth every penny NEXT year even if he can only get 5-10 carries every game. As another poster mentioned we would only get a $1 mil. cap relief by cutting Deuce. That means you have to go out and sign a replacement who can do what Deuce can do production wise, leadership wise and PR wise for only $1 mil. - not easy with the new cap and everyone wanting more. On top of that we really needed Deuce in goal line situations this year.

Deuce may not come back as fast as before ( I would love for him to prove me wrong) but he can still contribute. There are situations where the ability to find the hole and read the game is more important than speed (e.g. goal line and 3 and 1 situations)

In 2009 he would probably have to restructure to stay if he wanted to keep playing but he has been quoted as willing to do so more than once.

I point to Alstott as an example of a RB (FB) who came back following serious injury, with less carries.

In his first year back after getting that serious neck injury he had way fewer carries for fewer yards but his TD production went up because Tampa primarily used him in goal line situations. But some of those TD were game winners so he was still a very important member of the team and definitely worth his pay (and he did restructure and eventually played for one year contracts)

Deuce' value is He is our No1 running back - why people think this knee injury wont heal like the other, its a completely different injury as its not the same knee - did he not have issues in 06 after the first injury, in fact he had his best year in a few years.

this injury came from an odd landing from a pass he should have let go - he was running over people in 06, and now he knows how the injury heals and will have the mental side working for him - he is already wanting to start jogging, the trainers\docs are holding him back.

people are screaming at the Trade RB threads, yet we have several cut, trade,release, renegotiate threads on the teams most favorite and best players who has proven himself on and off the field.

are these threads being created by those who became Saints fans after the RB pick or something?

If you read my first post you would know I like Deuce. I have been a Saint fan as long as I can remember.This thread wasn't created by a saint fan after the RB pick or something. For you to question other fans maybe you need to look in the mirror first.All I was stating was that we need players on defense,Deuces contract is huge,would he restructure it,and does he have any trade value. Thats it. I want Deuce to be as good as he was. I want him to retire a Saint. Like I said ,from a business point of view is he able to produce and is there any value for him in a trade.{mod edit - seek a higher level please - kd}

If you read my first post you would know I like Deuce. I have been a Saint fan as long as I can remember.This thread wasn't created by a saint fan after the RB pick or something. For you to question other fans maybe you need to look in the mirror first.All I was stating was that we need players on defense,Deuces contract is huge,would he restructure it,and does he have any trade value. Thats it. I want Deuce to be as good as he was. I want him to retire a Saint. Like I said ,from a business point of view is he able to produce and is there any value for him in a trade. {mod edit}

these comment make zero sense, why would defending a Saints player be a reason to question a person Saints loyalty, especially one who has seen\listened to every game since before you started 1st grade and has seen more thrash players in the backfield to fill a roster.- but i guess you have your reasons.

secondly why trade deuce as his cap value is minimal this year? why trade any starter for a defensive player, who is on the market from the team who drafted him, who also has knee injuries? why assume he cant recover like he did from the 05 injury unless the argument is the injury from 05, which he came back from with 1000yd season, is the cause for the second knee injury? why would any team trade for a player who everyone seems to think is done due to injury? why give up on players whom you consider the face of the franchise, after he has proven he can recover from this type of injury and have the best season he has had in years?

also insults dont make your points any valid - in fact if you feel your statements are valid regarding Deuce being oft injured and unable to have another good year - you answered your own question, if its widely considered he is done (a statement only made by people on this board from what ive heard) would any team trade for him? if his cap hit is too large we still cant trade him because we still take the hit.

If you read my first post you would know I like Deuce. I have been a Saint fan as long as I can remember.This thread wasn't created by a saint fan after the RB pick or something. For you to question other fans maybe you need to look in the mirror first.All I was stating was that we need players on defense,Deuces contract is huge,would he restructure it,and does he have any trade value. Thats it. I want Deuce to be as good as he was. I want him to retire a Saint. Like I said ,from a business point of view is he able to produce and is there any value for him in a trade.{mod edit}.

Come on man. You had to expect this sort of response. We've had half a billion threads on trade this guy, fire that guy, this guy is a bust. You had to have seen this coming.

I think that Deuce will be worth every penny NEXT year even if he can only get 5-10 carries every game. As another poster mentioned we would only get a $1 mil. cap relief by cutting Deuce. That means you have to go out and sign a replacement who can do what Deuce can do production wise, leadership wise and PR wise for only $1 mil. - not easy with the new cap and everyone wanting more. On top of that we really needed Deuce in goal line situations this year.

Deuce may not come back as fast as before ( I would love for him to prove me wrong) but he can still contribute. There are situations where the ability to find the hole and read the game is more important than speed (e.g. goal line and 3 and 1 situations)

In 2009 he would probably have to restructure to stay if he wanted to keep playing but he has been quoted as willing to do so more than once.

I point to Alstott as an example of a RB (FB) who came back following serious injury, with less carries.

In his first year back after getting that serious neck injury he had way fewer carries for fewer yards but his TD production went up because Tampa primarily used him in goal line situations. But some of those TD were game winners so he was still a very important member of the team and definitely worth his pay (and he did restructure and eventually played for one year contracts)

Deuce said he'd be willing to take less money if they won a Super Bowl.

um... you do know he looks at these boards occassionally.
I'm sorry, i'll probablly be seen as a deuce colored glasses by a few of you.. but To think to trade the man. after he's done for this club. His is the only artwork from dbrooks, that I got.. it's sitting right here.
He did unbelievable with having that last knee after 1 year. when generally it's 2 for a back to come back and be productive. This is the other knee.. so it's not like it's the same one making it worse. Think his odds of coming back would be slightly better than 2006, for 1 doc's and tech seem to get better and better all the time regarding surgeries. So 2 years better in that regard.
You can easily say, if Deuce was out there this past season, that game where we had 4 downs from the 1yard line that we would have scored.
PT is good, and potentially great... Deuce IS Great.
Like Loomis also stated, Deuce's Contract isn't Just about Deuce the player.
Yes we need Defense, and some other players.. but giving up Deuce isnt' likely to score that. He's much more valuable to this team than any others at the moment, because of the cap hits, and costs of contracts.
I guarantee you , if it came to it, the only one's really would go for a Deuce trade, would be one of the division rivals.... If deuce is on schedule with his rehab, it would be Crazy to cut ties. Sure, we might get a corner, or a mid grade linebacker for him, but look at what we'd lose. We surely wouldnt' be getting a top notch corner or linebacker.
ps, i hate trying to post a reply to a thread, and have to relogin to be able to post it.

I'm sorry, i'll probablly be seen as a deuce colored glasses by a few of you.. but To think to trade the man. after he's done for this club. His is the only artwork from dbrooks, that I got.. it's sitting right here.
He did unbelievable with having that last knee after 1 year. when generally it's 2 for a back to come back and be productive. This is the other knee.. so it's not like it's the same one making it worse. Think his odds of coming back would be slightly better than 2006, for 1 doc's and tech seem to get better and better all the time regarding surgeries. So 2 years better in that regard.
You can easily say, if Deuce was out there this past season, that game where we had 4 downs from the 1yard line that we would have scored.
Yes we need Defense, and some other players.. but giving up Deuce isnt' likely to score that. He's much more valuable to this team than any others at the moment, because of the cap hits, and costs of contracts.
I guarantee you , if it came to it, the only one's really would go for a Deuce trade, would be one of the division rivals.... If deuce is on schedule with his rehab, it would be Crazy to cut ties. Sure, we might get a corner, or a mid grade linebacker for him, but look at what we'd lose. We surely wouldnt' be getting a top notch corner or linebacker.
ps, i hate trying to post a reply to a thread, and have to relogin to be able to post it.

Cookie Monster.:mwink:

Ditto, and on top of that, who would then be the starter? Another thing is that DOOOCE should be perfect for 20-25 carries a game as he shares the load that hopefully extends his career.

20-25 carries/game is like three games worth in our current offensive system. He should be good to go.

And to be truthful, I think so highly of Deuce that i'd prefer the thought of losing seasons to him not being here. Besides, there's no reason why we can't have both.

I don't want to see him leave either but do you honestly think he can come back to at least 85% of his true form.I hope he does and wish him the best but its the cap hit. I mean we all must move on from our favorite players as they will one day.

all i'll say is.. remember the second philly game last year when he drove that whole defense to the goal line with a healed but still busted knee....that tears me up when i see that...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom