Discontinued/Unavailable Foods that you miss (1 Viewer)

I second the crunch tators.

I want to add the BarBQ pizza from Pizza Hut

In The 80s - Food of the Eighties, BarBQ Pizza From Pizza Hut

I know they are making a slight comeback, but just too damn expensive, the astropop.

BarBQ pizza... Pizza Hut was the first I had, but Cici's, while barely able to call itself pizza, does a damn good job @ replicating that BBQ pizza from Pizza Hut.

It's good enough.

My #1 'lost food' however would have to be McKenzie's Eclairs.

...and while Tastee may have bought the recipe, there is something about the filling that isn't the same. They are good, but they aren't the same.

I'd punch a nun for a few of those original Eclairs.

I miss chewing gums with real sugar. Sugar alcohols, while conveniently low in calories and high in flavor, make me extremely ill.

More recently, chocolate frosted mini wheats. They don't sell them anywhere around here, and it wasn't but 3 years ago that they started selling the things, and a year ago they quit selling them. Wth?
My girlfriend's youngest daughter just got a box last week.

Yellow Barqs creme soda and ranch flavored fritos in the teal colored bag.

Magic Middles popped in the microwave for 10 seconds were a whole bunch of awesome.

Also loved Bonkers even though they came out with chocolate ones which were hideous.

Attachments

• keebler-magic-middles.jpg
    keebler-magic-middles.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 274
  • bonkerscandy.jpg
    bonkerscandy.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 274
The 'real' Coca-Cola(not cocaine version). You know, the one that would burn your throat and pull a tear out of your eye if you drank it too fast. Same with
Dr. Pepper.

I beleave you can still get it in Mexico. :jpshakehead:

You can get them in the US at Mexican grocery stores. And during Passover (I think is the Jewish holiday season) at most regular grocery stores. They're made with real sugar instead of HFCS.

You can get them in the US at Mexican grocery stores. And during Passover (I think is the Jewish holiday season) at most regular grocery stores. They're made with real sugar instead of HFCS.

Home Depot has them in Lafayette as well. They come in real glass bottles. Look in the drink displays near the registers.

logo.ashx

Only picture I could find on google...but I miss Mr. Cook

speaking of cokes and I am telling on my age a bit, I miss the ice cold ones that you had to pull out of the slots on the machine in the little sqautty bottles. I can remember my grandpa bringing me to some little dirty corner store that had them. and Im only 39 before the comments :angryrazz:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom