do you back into parking spaces? (1 Viewer)

do you back into parking spaces or not?

• of course i do, i am very smart

• ain't nobody got time for that

Results are only viewable after voting.
I drive a Ram 3500 Dually and it's a lot easier for me to back into a spot than to pull in. However, I judge people harshly that back in because a large number of them can not drive let alone back into a parking spot. Yes, everyone knows if you can't drive when they see you trying to back into a spot. I do think with the backup cameras being so common it does increase the safety of it. My wife drives horribly but she prefers to back into a spot because she has the camera and Is more than adequate at backing in now.
I have a 2018 Mazda 3, and if you can’t back that into a space then there’s no hope.

Rarely do I back in. Usually, when I do, it's because I know there is going to be a lot of traffic when I go to leave and I want to make it easier to get out. Like, when I park in a parking garage near the dome for games.
Back in the day I always backed into any space; driveways, whatever. I had a clear field of vision over the hood which enabled a quick getaway from certain “situations”

No pole without a tacoes option isn't worth my vote...

Last edited:
I would like to know where most of you that back into a parking spot find a parking lot where the spots are straight in? Most parking lots have angled parking so when you pull out you are going the wrong way in a one way lane. I personally would like to see the police start to give tickets for that. One thing that bothers me most though is those that intentionally use 2 spots to park. If they are that worried about dings from car doors then park further out in the lot where there is plenty of spaces to do that!

I only back in in parking garages or events where I know there's going to be a queue leaving. People are much nicer letting you get in line if you're able to pull directly in front of them.

While we're here though, if you're backing into a spot at Costco or Sam's Club, you're a complete idiot. No apologies. I see these people back into these mammoth parking spots at Costco, then when they come out they're struggling to load all of their stuff into the car/truck because they've backed into the spot. SMH...idiots.
The Costco in NOLA has a couple of rows of parking where there is this fairly wide path behind them. If I can score a spot on that row, I back in because then I have this big walkway to load from. But every other spot, I pull in frontwards.

Costco parking.jpg

In the garage where I work, a lot of people back into spots where it makes no sense. Some spots, parking stern-in means you put your car in drive and proceed straight down the ramp. Others require making a 90-degree turn immediately upon pulling out, where it would be easier to just back straight out, then shift gears and proceed (sorry I have no visual aid for this one).

And don't get me started on the couillons who back into angled parking spaces. Their mothers must have dropped them on their heads at some point.

I would like to know where most of you that back into a parking spot find a parking lot where the spots are straight in? Most parking lots have angled parking so when you pull out you are going the wrong way in a one way lane. I personally would like to see the police start to give tickets for that. One thing that bothers me most though is those that intentionally use 2 spots to park. If they are that worried about dings from car doors then park further out in the lot where there is plenty of spaces to do that!
The Walmart on Jefferson is the only parking lot I can think of with angled parking
Even all the parking lots on the Northshore I can think of have perpendicular parking

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom