Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are you a nap person?

Not because you're sick with the flu or whatever

Just cuz

2 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon do you ever decide "I think I'll lay down for a couple hours?"

I do on occasion. It helps if that Saturday afternoon is a dead of winter, cold, gray rainy afternoon

The times I do, it's usually a combination of not sleeping well the night before, getting up early, having a busy day then just running out of gas

I'll also say my naps are more like mini sleeps.

I've never been one of those people who can take a 20 minute nap and somehow feel refreshed afterwards

Yes, I try to find time each day, even if it’s just sitting in my chair in my living room. It’s tough do without my cpap, but sometimes you just gotta crash to stay sane.

Almost daily. Set a 30 minute timer after work and just check out. I may or may not sleep the entire time, but I'm unplugged.

I used to work a 6-2 and more or less had to do one daily, a 20-something year old me wasn't just naturally going to go to sleep early enough.

Current day me started again once we started WFH. I started using the drive time as a nap time and it's just stuck. Saves me from having to try some late afternoon pick me up too.

Twenty minutes does the trick most days. Usually after lunch and taking my meds (T2D).

I'm king of the nappers. 20-30 minutes and I'm a whole new person. If the weather is nice and/or I have stuff I have to do then no nap but you let it be raining or cold and I have no plans....I'm all over a nap.

I work 6-3. Try as I might, it's difficult to get to bed before 11:30. As often as I can, which is usually at least three days a week, I catch a nap from 4-6 - sometimes not the whole 2 hours, and sometimes I go until 7. My wife gets home at 6 and she doesn't want wake me. On the weekend, I sleep in until I feel like getting up.

I work 6-3. Try as I might, it's difficult to get to bed before 11:30. As often as I can, which is usually at least three days a week, I catch a nap from 4-6 - sometimes not the whole 2 hours, and sometimes I go until 7. My wife gets home at 6 and she doesn't want wake me. On the weekend, I sleep in until I feel like getting up.
2 hours is a lot and probably why you stay up late. Naps are a delicate balance. Too long can start a cycle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom