Does anyone want to see something pitiful? (2 Viewers)

SL22, the site has a clear agenda -- to harvest criminal incidents heavily, heavily influenced by race and then a safe assumption can be made; that was done to perpetuate a stereotype. It's a page of mostly black faces that screams "see, black people really are violent monsters."

But if there's some section of it that delves into social causes and influences of crime or points out that violent crime stats drop for all races as you move up the economic ladder, or has pages devoted to giving equal time to crimes committed by members of other races, then it is what it is...a shallow effort meant to promote a race-centric agenda.

granted i have not investigated this site other than to read about some of the crimes.
however i did notice that the crimes on there were black and white allike....
as well as the photos.
now many of the photos were of victims such as grant...... the 2 police officers, and the child... these are the ones i remember off the top o f my head.
that being said if they have some racial agenda i do not approve. im speaking about the fact that crime is rising and the number of murders in this country are off the chart yet our society denies this.........

SL22, the site has a clear agenda -- to harvest criminal incidents heavily, heavily influenced by race and then a safe assumption can be made, that was done to perpetuate stereotypes. It's a page of mostly black faces that screams "see, black people really are violent monsters."

But if there's some section of it that delves into social causes and influences of crime or points out that violent crime stats drop for all races as you move up the economic ladder, or has pages devoted to giving equal time to crimes committed by members of other races, then it is what it is...a shallow effort meant to promote a race-centric agenda.

It doesn't even do a good job of that

The story I happened to quote involves a suburban white model kidnapping her ex
may2gi5.jpg

That's not the only random story.

The white marine who killed the 20 year old female marine
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323116,00.html
:shrug:

Includes a ton of links to stories about illegal immigrants
(this one isn't even about any crime they committed)
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080124/NEWS01/801240391

Links to a bribery scandal

Here's a story about a white guy, in Maine, who beat another man with his walking stick
http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/021981.html

If it was at least coherently racist then at least we can have a discussion about it, even to just de-construct it. But RABDOG had it right, the webpage is just trash.

On a quick count, I arrive at a total of 47 pics on the front page. One is of a white man. Two or three appear to be hispanic or mixed race.

Sure, not all are pics of suspects, but the name of the site and the glaring focus on one race make it evident the message being conveyed.

granted i have not investigated this site other than to read about some of the crimes.
however i did notice that the crimes on there were black and white allike....
as well as the photos.
now many of the photos were of victims such as grant...... the 2 police officers, and the child... these are the ones i remember off the top o f my head.
that being said if they have some racial agenda i do not approve. im speaking about the fact that crime is rising and the number of murders in this country are off the chart yet our society denies this.........

1st of all i said the site was garbage,let me clarify the "website" is garbage.....2nd you don't have to investigate the site..it jumps off the page at you as soon as you see it as to what it's agenda is...1 white face and 1,000 black ones, then they find the craziest looking picture to put on there...anybody with a speck of common sense can see that as soon as they see the site.:dunno:

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2006

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

shows crime stats are on the rise.
everyone knows you can make stats say whatever you want them to....

I don't guess you've ever heard the phrase "per capita" before right?

Check the second chart on that page you linked.

Murders per 100,000 inhabitants in
1970 - 7.9
1980 - 10.2
1990 - 9.4
2000 - 5.5
2006 - 5.6

Help me out here, which way are crime statistics going?

1st of all i said the site was garbage,let me clarify the "website" is garbage.....2nd you don't have to investigate the site..it jumps off the page at you as soon as you see it as to what it's agenda is...1 white face and 1,000 black ones, then they find the craziest looking picture to put on there...anybody with a speck of common sense can see that as soon as they see the site.:dunno:

like i said , my discussion is in reference to the crime levels

No doubt what-so-ever what the agenda is on that website.

All you have to see is the pics and the language they use. Thug, Killa, banga. pretty apparent to me.

It doesn't even do a good job of that

If it was at least coherently racist then at least we can have a discussion about it, even to just de-construct it.

Meh. The "random" stories have the same effect as saying, "I'm not racist, I know a few black people and get along with them fine."

They can throw in a few links to some "random" stories and hide behind that, declaring the site takes a fair and balanced look.

if you say so:9:

yes i say so and that is what my topic has been from the begining...

as far has crime levels goiing up or down it depends on how you measure it...

there are more murders every year. but if you go per capita it dropings.....
like i said before you can make a stat say whatever you want it to....
however if there are 5000 murders last year and 5500 this year murders have increased...
yet by using population increases you can make it look like its droping....
just 2 years ago the media was involved in a story how state and federal agencies were making crime levels look as though they were droping..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom