Don't wear a Puerto Rican shirt in "America" (1 Viewer)

yep, I had to fly into Cancun USA and then drive south for 5 hours to visit. Sometimes she would just meet me in Cancun

do you still have family there?

Yeah, blood related and otherwise :) . I go there often. I'm actually considering moving back to Merida.

His family said a woman confronted Rodriguez after he reportedly bumped into a little girl who was with her. Rodriguez was then struck from behind, and "as he fell on the ground, he blacked out," Sheriff's Det. Matt Luna said.

Misbel Borjas, who lives near Rodriguez, was passing by in a car when she saw him walking and trying to pass a woman and a girl. Then, Borjas said, she saw the woman push Rodriguez and start to hit him with a block of cement.

"She was yelling at him, 'Go back to your country,' or 'Go back to Mexico,'" Borjas recalled. "It was racist."

But authorities said that through their investigation, "detectives have discovered that this is not a hate-related incident."

Authorities do not believe attack on 91-year-old grandfather is a hate-related incident

"She was yelling at him, 'Go back to your country,' or 'Go back to Mexico,'" Borjas recalled. "It was racist."

But authorities said that through their investigation, "detectives have discovered that this is not a hate-related incident."

um..

giphy.gif

Last edited:
You want to really piss off this guy, tell him Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. A whole state full of brown people! His head would explode
My guess is that trump needed to be told after hurricane Maria that Puerto Rico is part of the US. I'm sure it pissed him off.

Last edited:
I read that the guy is being tried for a hate crime, the PR incident

Any of you catch this viral video going around lately?

Video Of Man Harassing Woman Over Puerto Rican Flag Shirt Prompts Investigation

This has the video.. some language. "You're not gonna change us. Are you an American Citizen? You should not be wearing that in the United States of America"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/10/us/illinois-puerto-rico-park-officer/index.html

Video Of Man Harassing Woman Over Puerto Rican Flag Shirt Prompts Investigation

The cop who was just watching for a while is getting investigated.

I mean.. this is a thing? This is the kind of random harassment people get? Would he have been yelling at her for wearing an Illinois t-shirt? I hope this is just a random stupid event and not the new norm of treating everyone brown like an illegal or "unAmerican".
Yes, this is a thing. I personally have interrupted "things" like this twice now. People were already dumb enough to not know this, but they have now become emboldened by the acceptance of this kind of demeaning and arrogant behavior of our President.

Was the dancing as fabulous?
Hi, GW! No dancing, but there were switchblades, flipped over cars and everybody turned against the SPs when they showed up. For a few weeks, they set up roadblocks and we couldn't go from one area of the camp to another without a pass.

As a ‘whitey’ I was just about to bring this up.
It is all sad. Media loves to stir the pot, president is a hatemonger in my opinion....all agendas are divisive in nature it seems nowadays. Instead of tolerance and love for one another we seem to be more inclined to hate anything different than us or anything we don’t understand. All very sad. Seems to be getting worse but maybe that’s just 24/7 media now and social media.

I grew up in an all black church. My best friend growing up was/is black. Many of my closest friends now are black or Mexican. Can honestly say I’m not racist. Color or ethnicity doesn’t make someone a good or bad person. Character does. I’ve seen good and bad of all creeds and colors. It’s all stupid and sadly will never change. Until we teach our children differently over several generations, which I just don’t see happening.
As long as there is more than one race, there will always be racism.

As long as there is more than one race, there will always be racism.
well...kinda...but if a japanese person walking on my street uptown gives me the stink eye b/c i'm white, so what? are the cops going to care?

the issue is power and whether we try to horde it among "like" types or try to find equitable ways to share it ("try to find" being the operative phrase - if we could ever succeed remains to be seen)

He was convicted of a hate crime.
An Illinois man who harassed a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt has been found guilty of hate crime.

Baby Boomers: You Gen X-ers and Millennial's never want to take responsibilities for your actions.
Also Baby Boomers :
his attorny said his client had six teeth removed the day before the incident and was under the influence of pain medication..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom