Eagles will stress the Saints front 7 this week. (3 Viewers)

We need speed LBs and Safeties to contain Hurt, not thumpers taking bad angles and chasing him for 20 yards.
The DE can't crash inside on Hurt.
Hopefully Bresee collapses the middle of the line & he has a huge game!

🤣 he’s got 1 solo tackle in 2 games and it’s the strip fumble. His overall PFF grade through 2 games is a 41.2. 31.9 in run defense and a 54.7 pass rush.

I know people lean on PFF when it fits their argument and dismiss it when it doesn’t but I drew up my opinion prior to checking his grade on the strength of your post.

People see the sack and think he’s been impactful…that’s one play in roughly 60 or more snaps.

Where’s he been the other 59?

Edit: specifically he’s played 84 snaps.
53 as a pass rusher. 30 in run defense and he dropped in coverage on 1 play.

His total stats 1 tckl, 1 sack, 1 FF and 3 pressures.

I’m sorry but those are not good #’s
Extrapolated over the season, that's 8.5 sacks, 8.5 ff and 25 pressures for the year. That's not bad for a DT.

Extrapolated over the season, that's 8.5 sacks, 8.5 ff and 25 pressures for the year. That's not bad for a DT.
Fair enough, but what seems to be getting ignored is that I never questioned his abilty to rush the passer. The basis of my comment has been his inability to play effectively in the ground game and everyones rhetoric has been about his pass-rush ability lol. The entire logic about having him play as a 5Tech or LDE and then reduce to a 3tech was to deemphasize his weakness in the run game as a DT and have him matched against taller Tackles on base downs, and then kick him inside on passing downs.

IDK it's like people ignore what I say and then start countering me w/ irrelevant comments that I've already taken into consideration in my original comment.

🤣 he’s got 1 solo tackle in 2 games and it’s the strip fumble. His overall PFF grade through 2 games is a 41.2. 31.9 in run defense and a 54.7 pass rush.

I know people lean on PFF when it fits their argument and dismiss it when it doesn’t but I drew up my opinion prior to checking his grade on the strength of your post.

People see the sack and think he’s been impactful…that’s one play in roughly 60 or more snaps.

Where’s he been the other 59?

Edit: specifically he’s played 84 snaps.
53 as a pass rusher. 30 in run defense and he dropped in coverage on 1 play.

His total stats 1 tckl, 1 sack, 1 FF and 3 pressures.

I’m sorry but those are not good #’s

Those numbers are not good, but they are also not fully representative of his play. He has been very disruptive. He gets penetration. I can recall 3 times his disruption caused a ball carrier to bounce an inside run to the outside, and at least once that I can recall the runner was tackled for a loss.

Chris Jones, who many consider the best D tackle in the game, has 3 tackles, 1 sack, 2 pressures.

Those are not good number either, but you won't find anyone sayings Jones is not effective.

Stats don't tell the whole story of DTs, not by a good margin.

Fair enough, but what seems to be getting ignored is that I never questioned his abilty to rush the passer. The basis of my comment has been his inability to play effectively in the ground game and everyones rhetoric has been about his pass-rush ability lol. The entire logic about having him play as a 5Tech or LDE and then reduce to a 3tech was to deemphasize his weakness in the run game as a DT and have him matched against taller Tackles on base downs, and then kick him inside on passing downs.

IDK it's like people ignore what I say and then start countering me w/ irrelevant comments that I've already taken into consideration in my original comment.
I understand what you're saying. I generally respect your posts because I think you put a lot of work into understanding what's going on and you have a lot of knowledge. So I'm not just ignoring what you say and giving irrelevant comments. I'm just saying he's been kind of effective, that's all. You don't have to go all ad-hominem.

Well I think one of the issues with answering the question how much rushing game has our opponent put on us, I dont feel there is enough sample size to make a realistic logical conclusion of how well he is playing in the run game.

The panthers ran 20 times for 58 yds. The cowboys ran the ball 21 times for 68 yards. Our opponents ran 41 times for 126 VS Alvin Kamara alone has 35 rushes for 198. Its hard to see whats wrong when the def has been stifling against the run either strong def or segue....

We was up 30 to 3 against at half the panthers and we were up 35- 16 against the cowboys, with there 1 touchdown coming on a fluke. Both games halfway through how concerning is the run game when u know the oppt need points quick. which brings up my final point

Without knowing Breese assignment as a DT its kinda hard to tell and I feel its hard to say he is doing anything wrong when def as a unit is not allowing much run game to begin with. Some issues might be noticeable as season goes on but I feel its too early and not enough data to see "Struggling" Once a team runs wild on us thats not 115 yards from a running QB then I feel we can revisit

The key to beating Philly is keeping them out of short yardage situations. The stupid tush push is their tactical advantage over the rest of the NFL, not sure why more teams don't try to use it. If you let Philly work methodical drives with lots of short yardage situations you're in trouble. Run defense has to be strong against them and don't be afraid to blitz because Hurts struggles with it.

The key to beating Philly is keeping them out of short yardage situations. The stupid tush push is their tactical advantage over the rest of the NFL, not sure why more teams don't try to use it. If you let Philly work methodical drives with lots of short yardage situations you're in trouble. Run defense has to be strong against them and don't be afraid to blitz because Hurts struggles with it.
Those tush push plays are only going to work when they're short on downs. I agree in that you have to put them in 3rd and long situations though.

Well I think one of the issues with answering the question how much rushing game has our opponent put on us, I dont feel there is enough sample size to make a realistic logical conclusion of how well he is playing in the run game.

The panthers ran 20 times for 58 yds. The cowboys ran the ball 21 times for 68 yards. Our opponents ran 41 times for 126 VS Alvin Kamara alone has 35 rushes for 198. Its hard to see whats wrong when the def has been stifling against the run either strong def or segue....

We was up 30 to 3 against at half the panthers and we were up 35- 16 against the cowboys, with there 1 touchdown coming on a fluke. Both games halfway through how concerning is the run game when u know the oppt need points quick. which brings up my final point

Without knowing Breese assignment as a DT its kinda hard to tell and I feel its hard to say he is doing anything wrong when def as a unit is not allowing much run game to begin with. Some issues might be noticeable as season goes on but I feel its too early and not enough data to see "Struggling" Once a team runs wild on us thats not 115 yards from a running QB then I feel we can revisit
Lol, sigh. Since when is ending up on the ground a responsibility for a DT?

This is going to be a good test both offensively and defensively at the LOS.

Those tush push plays are only going to work when they're short on downs. I agree in that you have to put them in 3rd and long situations though.
You really gotta keep them out of 3rd and 4 or less. 3rd and 4 they'll run it for a few yards, 4th and 1 is pretty much automatic for them. That's the only thing scary about the Eagles imo, especially without Brown.

Last edited:
Lol, sigh. Since when is ending up on the ground a responsibility for a DT?
Bro if thats your response and not going take response seriously then why ask, why waste people time like if theres a play post a video. My response was thought out and took time to gather stats.

Isn't that what Cam Jordan already does?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom