Education / Teaching thread (6 Viewers)

The opening lines, after the Chorus, is a couple of dudes measuring their manhood and then talking about pinning virgins against the wall, after the murdered the brothers and fathers, and sexually assaulting them.

If you can handle that, you ought be able to manage the rest.
Not for me to handle; for guido's wife's admin.

Besides, if they keep the play in original Shakespeare language, no one will know what the hell is going on anyway. :hihi:

We teach The Joy Luck Club in addition to Romeo and Juliet and that book has rape, baby murder, child abuse, mutilation, eating disorders, women talking in frank detail about what kind of sex they have with their boyfriends, etc. And unlike Shakespeare it's not obfuscated by Elizabethan English.

We teach The Joy Luck Club in addition to Romeo and Juliet and that book has rape, baby murder, child abuse, mutilation, eating disorders, women talking in frank detail about what kind of sex they have with their boyfriends, etc. And unlike Shakespeare it's not obfuscated by Elizabethan English.
It’s a great book
I like Kitchen Gods Wife too , but Joy Luck is seminal

We are teaching "In the Blink of an Eye" (by Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf). Was able to meet him and talk to him about the book and lots of other things. It has been... controversial.

We are teaching "In the Blink of an Eye" (by Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf). Was able to meet him and talk to him about the book and lots of other things. It has been... controversial.
I watched the recent documentary
Hadn’t heard of the book- might check it out

So we've heard the state's plan on teacher raises and why they aren't included in the budget. Here's the other side of the story:

I missed this the other day. Anything to not have to raise pay to attract more teachers, right?

You sell them short a bit- this is also an excellent opportunity to backdoor culture warriors to battle pronouns are whatever enemy they’re making up atm

You sell them short a bit- this is also an excellent opportunity to backdoor culture warriors to battle pronouns are whatever enemy they’re making up atm

They won't be around long enough for that to matter. There's a reason most people that set foot onto this career path run screaming from it in less than three years.

As long as we refuse to address the underlying maladies with public education, you're not going to find people who want to do this. Certified. Uncertified. It won't matter.

It's Missouri so...

In the video, a teacher whose identity has not been revealed is heard asking why Black people can use the n-word but it is offensive if other people do it.

geometry teacher - trying to figure out how we get from the pythagorean theorem to the n-word - new math?

anyway, the school seems to be exposing itself to a world of hurt - indicating that students are not allowed to protect themselves
my guess is that an already cash-strapped system (assuming because obviously) is about to be made to pay

With a dab of "see, you don't need college to be successful! Go to trade school! Plumbers make $150k 2 years out of high school!", thus ensuring the next generation is less educated than the one before it, and votes accordingly.

In the video, a teacher whose identity has not been revealed is heard asking why Black people can use the n-word but it is offensive if other people do it.

geometry teacher - trying to figure out how we get from the pythagorean theorem to the n-word - new math?

anyway, the school seems to be exposing itself to a world of hurt - indicating that students are not allowed to protect themselves
my guess is that an already cash-strapped system (assuming because obviously) is about to be made to pay

I was talking to a colleague the other day about how school systems take massive L's in lawsuits on the regular. It's actually kind of amazing how many of their beloved policies and regulations have no leg to stand on at all or are just so egregiously stupid that the second someone in the real world looks at them the reaction is basically "lol this is forkin idiotic."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom