Ellen (1 Viewer)

Ellen Degeneres is having a special show on New Orleans. Had no idea she was from NOLA.

Got two brothers from Opelousas on now playing zydeco and their 9 and 5 years old.
yep born in metarie and has family in pass christian

lot of celebs from miss that i didnt know about lance bass, jimmy buffet,jim henson,faith hill,james earl jones,brett favre,walter payton,brett favre,bb king,brandy,elvis,charlie pride,leann rimes,conway twitty,sela ward,muddy waters,oprah,tammy winette

Harry Shearer (sp?) of Spinal Tap fame (and many others), currently doing voices for the Simpsons:
C. Montgomery Burns
Waylon Smithers
Ned Flanders
Principal Skinner
Otto
Reverend Lovejoy
Dr. Julius Hibbert
Kent Brockman
Jasper
Lenny
Edde
Rainier Wolfcastle/McBain
Scratchy
Kang
Herman
George Bush
Judge Snyder

I've never once watched that show until this aftrnoon..she seems a bit witty and off the wall. She gave one gal a free trip to NOLA after asking a few questions..then she said she felt quilty and gave everybody in the audience a free trip to NOLA at Harrah's. Good music on with Aaron Neville and some young kids that could get it going..a 8 year old getting things going with a accordian. good stuff..but i won't be watching one of those talk shows again for awhile.

also,she did say that she was from Metairie and not chalmette. she also gave out the flower pins and cd's from AN's latest.

good showbut she didn't show much about the folks that are continuing to struggle..but did admit that a long tough road is still ahead for many.

it was pretty much a "feel good" hour..one that i enjoyed.

Ellen's brother Vance went to Shaw in the late 70's, he was the bass player on The Cold.

Surprised you didn't know she's from New Orleans.

She's spoken about growing up in New Orleans (and Pass Christian as well, I believe) VERY often.

This isn't her first new orleans special. Her mom rode in Orpheus this past year and she showed the footage during the last one.

Ellen is hilarious. I think she'll make a great host of the Oscars.

I think Ellen has gotten back to her form the last several years. Her original sitcom was quite funny until she confused her need to express herself as to her sexuality, with the fact that she was hired to do a comedy. Then, she blamed the network for her own issue. Finally, she got back to doing what she was good at, comedy.

Harry Shearer (sp?) of Spinal Tap fame (and many others), currently doing voices for the Simpsons

Actually, Harry's not from NO (he's from Los Angeles) but he is a part-time citizen of NO. His column on "Huffington Post" is the only consistantly pro-New Orleans (pro-rebuilding, pro-coastal restoration, pro-Cat-5 levees, anti-Corpse of Engineers) national blog. He's a good voice to have (ha! voice!)

Unlike that other Harry who bailed on us and badmouthed us on the way out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom