Ellerbe out Sunday (1 Viewer)

And this is why we signed Robertson. Sheesh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How about next year we just give him the Byrd Preseason and don't let him practice. Surely then he could be healthy for the start of the year. . . argh, I prefer Healthy players over the talented when healthy once in a blue moon.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wxlhyX-4qKI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

200w.gif

The guy looked like a difference maker at LB this preseason, but I was always thinking about when we could expect an injury that would sidetrack him during the regular season. That is the problem! Everyone is just waiting for the injury that seems to always come. At this point unless he heals and plays 15 games he is a guy we just don't have the luxury of keeping around, particularly as he is not getting any younger. I don't think in any way he is a malingerer but it is clear his body type cannot take the hitting that is his trade as a defensive player and LB. At least this year we have Robertson and Stupar to fill in so there is some talent there in the reserve group.

Dude, Ellerbe is a straight baller when he's on the field. Too bad he's hardly on the field. This has been the one, dare say only, knock on Ellerbe's game. His health, or lack there of, has cost him games every season he's been in the NFL. He's a modern day Dan Morgan. Could be, would be, should be an all pro, sadly the injury bugs have infested his career. But hey, it's one game so far. Hope he's able to come in and ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom