Exit Interview with David Griffin and players (1 Viewer)

CJ has no legitimate basketball purpose on this team. It’s crazy.

He can’t consistently facilitate the offense and can’t be relied on to score down the stretch. Zion and BI are better facilitators and PG isn’t their primary role.

He’s an extra major scorer to supposedly carry the team when the other 2 stars gets hurt. But fails to do so regularly whether Zion and BI plays or not. That production can easily come from Hawkins and Murphy. Both can drop 20-30 in a half if Hawkins was allowed to. Hawkins carried and closed out the Mavs game when the 3 stars didn’t play. Willie Green buried Hawkins to repeatedly watch CJ provide nothing offensively.

Not playing Hawkins is honestly a fireable offense. But Griffin’s protecting Green like he sees his HC as family. CJ really has to go or reduce his minutes in half

CJ probably getting moved to Detroit or another team desperately in need of Veteran leadership. If you're willing to ship out 3 1st round picks to get Lauri. Do it.

Ingram will probably get moved to ATL for a combination of Murray and PF.

Reading between the lines i feel like Ingram will get traded . Definitely vibes of Zion being the man to stay out of the “big three”.

I don’t think any legitimate GM would say they want Ingram as their star player. With that said… time to move on.

I think the FO has enough data for the motivation to move Ingram and even CJ for pieces to move us forward. They will most likely have to give up the rest of our treasure chest of draft picks to make that happen though. Will they feel comfortable with that?

You would like to think they want to keep this years pick to try and get their center of the future or involve them in a trade with CJ or Ingram.

Reading between the lines i feel like Ingram will get traded . Definitely vibes of Zion being the man to stay out of the “big three”.

I don’t think any legitimate GM would say they want Ingram as their star player. With that said… time to move on.

I think the FO has enough data for the motivation to move Ingram and even CJ for pieces to move us forward. They will most likely have to give up the rest of our treasure chest of draft picks to make that happen though. Will they feel comfortable with that?

You would like to think they want to keep this years pick to try and get their center of the future or involve them in a trade with CJ or Ingram.

I believe it was a few weeks ago on NBA TV or maybe ESPN where they were discussing OKC potentially having to move one of their players this offseason and Chet was the guy being discussed. I'd be curious if there was any truth to that and if so, should we make a run at him.

Another young option would be Wiseman. I'm not sure a healthy Detroit team has a place for him. TBH, I don't know how he would fit, I'm just looking at potentially available young Centers.

Utah needs to tank and get top draft Prospects. They try to be competitive way too soon with almost zero window

Last edited:
I believe it was a few weeks ago on NBA TV or maybe ESPN where they were discussing OKC potentially having to move one of their players this offseason and Chet was the guy being discussed. I'd be curious if there was any truth to that and if so, should we make a run at him.

Another young option would be Wiseman. I'm not sure a healthy Detroit team has a place for him. TBH, I don't know how he would fit, I'm just looking at potentially available young Centers.
Bill Simmons (fwiw) thinks its pretty much guaranteed that BI will be traded. He mentioned the Pistons as a good fit which may or may not be true. I think any team that wants to take the step up to a playoff/in hopeful could use him. Portland, Utah, Detroit.. Atlanta??? I mean, we're moaning about the team's finish but that's mostly due to the exciting regular season save the last few weeks where it went to crap.

I really don't understand why Utah would go all in and try to build around Lauri. By the time you get a good team around him. He'll 30 years old.

i did enjoy sheetting on Galveston

Well I'm obviously not for trading Ingram unless you can bring back a talent better than he is. Which will probably cost this franchise too much. Otherwise you're putting this team on the shoulders of Zion. Which is a horrible idea at this point. He's still not ready.

They just need to upgrade JV and Larry. Maybe go find a bonafide shot creator to bring off the bench like Malik Monk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom