• Strawberries

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Bananas

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
IMG_7616.jpeg

Are yall familiar with these sour suckers?

In Venezuela and Cuba we call them Mamones. You bite open the shell and suck on the sour jelly like innards until you get to the hard pit in the center.

They were everywhere in Venezuela, and you could just pull them off the trees as you walked down the street.

They weren’t my favorite fruit, and they probably caused more decay to my teeth than I knew (since I never saw a dentist while I served in Venezuela).

It’s interesting, while mangoes and pineapple and probably similar in terms of amount of work it takes to get to the fruit - I’m fine with ‘peeling’ pineapple but mango is too daunting
I guess there are different types of mangoes, but how are they difficult to peel? They seem to be relatively easy.

I just had the best cherries I’ve ever had

Didn’t come from a farmers market or fancy grocery store, I wasn’t out of town at a store I’ve never heard of, bought them at my local supermarket

Not a fancy or new variety just plain red cherries but they were exactly what you want cherries to be

Just plain delicious

Already been back to the store twice

I’ve eaten more cherries in the past week than probably the last several years combined
My Mom had horrible hayfever/allergy one year and swore that eating cherries cured her. She had gotten some and couldn't stop eating them, she never ate alot, and had to get more. Vitamin C I guess.

Shocked that berries (blue) are not on the list.

They add flavor to anything, easy to use, and anti-inflammatories counteract booze.
I love 'em, I have 1/2 acre of them, but I can't put them above huckleberries.

7, 8, or 9 if it's going on ice cream. 10 and 11 if going in a smoothie.
11 or 12 for Banana Nut Bread. When I was a kid my Mom would buy two bunches bananas whenever they were on sale. One would be put up out of reach of me and y sister to let get almost black and soft and the other we could eat. My Mom wasn't a great cook but there were somethings nobody ever made better and her Banana Nut Bread is one.

11 or 12 for Banana Nut Bread. When I was a kid my Mom would buy two bunches bananas whenever they were on sale. One would be put up out of reach of me and y sister to let get almost black and soft and the other we could eat. My Mom wasn't a great cook but there were somethings nobody ever made better and her Banana Nut Bread is one.
it's funny how many people have a similar story

"My mom/grandma was a terrible cook except for _________ which was the best I've ever had"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom