Finally cancelled my Cox TV service (1 Viewer)

my bundle deal just ended also. my bill was $240 and this is ridiculous for cable. i have been looking on this thread to try and find a good solution.
i have netflix and like to watch HBO and movie channels.

Think im going to go with Playstationvue. they had a good article about the pros & cons between sling tv and PLaystationvue.

just need a Hd antena for the local.

i did also post this in the cord cutter thread to hehehehe
I'm so tired of fighting with Comcast. I call and gripe about the bill, they knock it down from 172.00/month to 128.00, then 2 months later all the charges start creeping back. Now it's every other month call and gripe, or overpay.

I'd have cut the cable but we have a 4 year-old daughter who loves Nick Jr. and the Disney Channel.

As soon as she's old enough it's all over.

I'm so tired of fighting with Comcast. I call and gripe about the bill, they knock it down from 172.00/month to 128.00, then 2 months later all the charges start creeping back. Now it's every other month call and gripe, or overpay.

I'd have cut the cable but we have a 4 year-old daughter who loves Nick Jr. and the Disney Channel.

As soon as she's old enough it's all over.

Those channels are on playstation vue and direct tv now. Not sure about Sling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well cancelled my Cox tv today. I just kept the internet.

turns out to be like 70 bucks for the 50mps tier. i added contour flex tv its a streaming deal where you get a few channels. also added hbo. turns out to be like 80 bucks a month total.

getting a fire stick with kodi, a hd antenna and playstation vue . like to be able to watch HBO, Showtime.

I canceled last week, except for the basic starter pack (essentially the national channels). Got rid of DVR, etc. Down to $95 or so bucks with the basic and internet. Still can go lower, but it's a test run for me and the wife. Can always cancel more later.

Got an Android box w/ Kodi, etc.

I got rid of ATT back in September 2016 and haven't looked back. I bought 2 HD antennas, 2 FireTV boxes and 4 FireTV Sticks (Kodi on all of them). I pay $50 a month for a 26 MB (average) unlimited internet connection. My wife and kids love it. I installed Mobdro on all of them and its like I never lost cable.

Got an Android box w/ Kodi, etc.

FYI, the main developer for Kodi on Android recently split from development of the main program and has put out his own build. It will most likely be the program that is best maintained for the android platform.

Check out SPMC by koying (Warning: mildly technical)

Also, this: http://kodi.wiki/view/SPMC

Tried kodi a year or so ago and found it to be way too cumbersome and unreliable.

I got rid of ATT back in September 2016 and haven't looked back. I bought 2 HD antennas, 2 FireTV boxes and 4 FireTV Sticks (Kodi on all of them). I pay $50 a month for a 26 MB (average) unlimited internet connection. My wife and kids love it. I installed Mobdro on all of them and its like I never lost cable.

Who do you have your internet with?

FYI, the main developer for Kodi on Android recently split from development of the main program and has put out his own build. It will most likely be the program that is best maintained for the android platform.

Check out SPMC by koying (Warning: mildly technical)

Also, this: SPMC - Official Kodi Wiki

I had seem some of that previously. I'll probably have to download that app too.

Sling Blue (the basic tier) has Disney, no Nick (or any of the MTV-owned channels)

I have sling orange and for $5 extra I get the cartoon package for the kids. You get three Disney channels and 3 Nick channels. It's all the kids watch.

We're finally moving into our new house in a couple of weeks (after 5 months of renovations) and I had Directv installed yesterday. As per usual, the guy didn't want to put it on the roof - they always try to convince you of putting it on a stalk in the yard. I told him that was non-negotiable and he actually found a perfect spot for it . . . as per usual.

For me, it's really all about the Sunday Ticket. I know there are work-arounds but it's just easier for me to get Directv and have every Saints game in my house on whatever TV I want. My wife is still an old-school TV watcher, surfs channels and likes to watch random crap that is completely unpredictable. So having a typical channel bundle works for us for now.

We're finally moving into our new house in a couple of weeks (after 5 months of renovations) and I had Directv installed yesterday. As per usual, the guy didn't want to put it on the roof - they always try to convince you of putting it on a stalk in the yard. I told him that was non-negotiable and he actually found a perfect spot for it . . . as per usual.

For me, it's really all about the Sunday Ticket. I know there are work-arounds but it's just easier for me to get Directv and have every Saints game in my house on whatever TV I want. My wife is still an old-school TV watcher, surfs channels and likes to watch random crap that is completely unpredictable. So having a typical channel bundle works for us for now.

all of which will be moot when your daughter is older

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom