Former NFL player Michael Oher claimed that he was never legally adopted (2 Viewers)

My thoughts I never really care about his story. Didn't even watch the movie or watched any documentary of his life. His life's story is like 10 years old or something. Don't know but if he is saying this now, why he didn't say it then?

Makes sense.
Even during the release and the hype of “The Blind Side,” he was pretty apprehensive about the movie.
I remember him saying the movie was very much fabricated. Plus Disneyvmade it, enough said.

I did see the movie, but only watched it because the lovely Sandra Bullock was in it

My thoughts I never really care about his story. Didn't even watch the movie or watched any documentary of his life. His life's story is like 10 years old or something. Don't know but if he is saying this now, why he didn't say it then?
He only discovers it earlier this year. He thought he was adopted until then. He said there were some things that didn’t make sense but with his career taking off, he was focused on that. Only after the his lawyers were looking into some of his contracts did they discover this and explain to him what it means. He was told by the family the legal agreement was the same as an adoption but it was really giving the full rights to his name and any money made from it.

When the movie came out, he was just starting his career with the Ravens.
It’s entirely possible he didn’t want to ruin his career/or didn’t want retaliation from Tuohys while he was playing.

If someone raised me from a tough beginning, I’m not so sure that coming out now to taint your parent’s’ efforts is the best move overall.

At any rate, the allegations need to be airtight.

JMO

:gosaints:
the family only got involved when he started getting recognized from colleges. 3 months before he turned 18 they had him move in with them. I think the movie made it seem like they were involved a lot earlier.

If someone raised me from a tough beginning, I’m not so sure that coming out now to taint your parent’s’ efforts is the best move overall.

At any rate, the allegations need to be airtight.

JMO

:gosaints:

According to public statements, they didn't raise him. He says he occasionally stayed with them during his junior year and was invited to move in with them prior to the start of his senior year. That would have been a short amount of time between living with them and signing the conservatorship. They may have shown him kindness but he knows best if he thinks, based on what he says he learned in February of this year, that was to take advantage of him.

According to public statements, they didn't raise him. He says he occasionally stayed with them during his junior year and was invited to move in with them prior to the start of his senior year. That would have been a short amount of time between living with them and signing the conservatorship. They may have shown him kindness but he knows best if he thinks, based on what he says he learned in February of this year, that was to take advantage of him.
Terrible if they took advantage of a child in need. That's one of the lowest acts a person can do

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom